TT (Mk1) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk1 Audi TT Coupe & Roadster produced from 2000-2006

The pride of owning a TT, can you say aTTention grabber!(LONG)

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-1999, 12:48 PM
Jenner

Default The pride of owning a TT, can you say aTTention grabber!(LONG)

Wow, ok so I've only had my quattro TT for 4 days now. I have over 600 miles on her. Even my passengers notice how incredible she handles vs. my A4. But put the performance and handling on hold.

Lets talk about the looks, the waves, the smiles, the people that come up to you just to look at or talk to you about the TT. I am overwhelmed.

It has happened too many times in these past 4 days for me to write about each time, but every gas station I go to I get comments and asked questions. Sometimes people will talk to me for 15-30 min about her! They wave from the side of the road or from their car, they stare as they drive by rotating their heads as far as they can, in order to look longer. On the highway I can see peoples mouths saying "Audi" and TT". Its a neat feeling esp. if you like attention, if you don't like it, DON'T GET A TT! I have been around Boxster's and Z3's and because they are so common, and the TT is so radical, the TT gets all the attention! The terms, "beautiful", and "great lines/curves" are used by just about everyone that talks to me about the TT.

Personally, I LOVE the attention that comes with owning this car, its just another little perk and I enjoy it so much. I guess it just fits my need to be unique.

I refer to my TT as a she/her because while parked in a parking lot, a car with three females in it pulled up next to me, and they all got out screaming and drooling over the TT. They asked me if I named her and I said "nope". So they named her Nikita for me(dunno why).

I'm past the "first" break in period. The car handles great, cornering is a joy and I love setting up for it and just going hard on the gas through the whole turn. The brakes stop so very quickly and now that I am used to it only a mere touch of the pedal will quickly bring one down from highway speed to a complete stop.

Dispite all this crap about the handling in Germany, etc. I am 110% satisfied, esp. considering I picked up my TT only a few days after the press release about the TT mods came out. Get this car and drive it. Thats what it was built to do.

Future plans:
1.) Drive more!
2.) Install the Garrett 1 bar chip next Saturday.

Its only day 4 and I am sure that I have alot more "encounters" coming my way.

I LOVE MY TT!!

-Jenner
'00 180QX TT
Old 10-24-1999, 02:52 PM
Janet Lawrence

Default TT's and kids....

Jenner,

I've also noticed that kids are just crazy about my TT! Everywhere I drive, I get LOTS of waves & giggles, and a group of children in my neighborhood absolutely swarmed around my car when I pulled in the driveway this afternoon! One of them told me that she thinks that my TT is "smiling"!! I haven't had this much attention from the little ones since I was in high school and drove a VW Beetle which all the neighborhood kids thought looked just like "Herbie" from "The Love Bug"!!

In addition to the shape of the car, the kids seem drawn to the denim blue exterior as well. (P.S.....so am *I*!!!)

Janet
Old 10-24-1999, 03:56 PM
GO TT

Default I agree 110% except........

Do you think it is to soon to pop the chip in. I am dying to put a chip in but I was planning on after the first 5000 miles.Ya know, for break-in purposes. Does anyone have any wisdom for us this day, Greg
Old 10-24-1999, 04:41 PM
Jenner

Default Chipping too soon info(more)

I chipped my A4 with a Garrett chip at 4500miles.
By the time I get down there next Saturday I will have about 1500miles. I will just take it easy, with the car until my 5000mile service. I will
hold myself back and remind myself its still in break in and give it double the cool down time
until 10,000miles when I go with mobile 1 try-synth. I mean as long as you go easy on it with the 1.0 bar and stay off the red, its no different than the 0.8bar thats stock with the TT.
Its all in moderation. If you absolutly CAN'T
keep your foot outa the boost then I would wait.
My 2cents.

-Jenner
'00 180QX TT
Old 10-24-1999, 05:01 PM
GO TT

Um..........I better wait. (nt)
Old 10-24-1999, 08:31 PM
JT

Kid, "Who's better than you?"! Cool post! (nt)