TT (Mk1) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk1 Audi TT Coupe & Roadster produced from 2000-2006

Project TT Defcon and 42DD Engine hardware kit article now live

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2007, 12:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hmmm... maybe that explains why you were having trouble in the transistion btwn 2 and 3.. >>

the car turns too well.

Oh and BTW... Laguna is a blast.. I'll post some video after the event.
Old 02-13-2007, 12:49 PM
AudiWorld Super User

really? how? and when does it go from beta to fully available?
Old 02-13-2007, 02:16 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Well ...........

the file still needs tweaking so I'm not sure when GIAC will have it ready for release. The numbers were solid - but it still has bit of a throttle sensitivity issue, which is what is being working on now.
Old 02-13-2007, 03:08 PM
Rest In Peace

Default Interesting....as those are big numbers....>>>

i was considering custom programming....your are not Schwing Stage 2 though.......curious what it would do with my setup...

What do the boost numbers look like Joe?
Old 02-13-2007, 04:35 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Understand that ..........

it's REALLY hard to rely on dyno numbers. As for boost - i'm seeing 22psi on the latest file. My previous file was more like 18psi. I'm not running any of Steve's stuff other than the VTDA.

So in summary - my first dyno was at 18psi. Second dyno was at 18psi with the intake and exhaust - but I had a misfire. Third and most recent dyno was at 22psi with FMIC and DV relo and GreddyRS. There was a big jump in power - not only because of the new file but also because the previous dyno had the misfire occur.
Old 02-13-2007, 04:36 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default LOL - my biggest challenge was turn 8 to 9

just cause I kept slowing too much :-)
Old 02-13-2007, 04:49 PM
Rest In Peace

Default actuallly...that helps me>>>

understanding all the numbers is tough, and dyno'ing the TT always seems to produce different numbers. Based on your PSI change, i can see 20hp. Everything i have read indicates 1psi equals 5hp on or about. With that in mind, and where i am at now with boost that file probably does not make a whole lotta sense for me.
Curious in ongoing progression of your state of tune, to hear where you are going. The custom programming i am considering is pretty aggressive for a K04 based 225, figure boosting to 24psi or so and holding. Hard to say that is realistic, but that is the reason for my question.
Thanks for the post though Joe.....appreciate the info....

h
Old 02-13-2007, 04:59 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Well the first beta file.........

went past the log ability of the VAG COM :-)
On the gauge it was holding around 24psi through the midrange. GIAC said I could run it at my own risk - he felt that was too much boost for a daily driver and would lead to diminished turbo life. What is odd is that it wasn't boost that high on another BEA that it was tested on. That car had only and exhaust though.

Also - this file was to bring the BEA up to AMU levels. The BEA file I was running was pretty weak to start with. There isn't a new file for the AMU.
Old 02-13-2007, 05:39 PM
Rest In Peace

Default Regardless...sounds like good work in progress>>>

i noticed that my first rev X-chip (pre boost machine and custom ****) would peak around 22 and settle at 20psi. Once i went EH on the intake and 100cell cats..then things got really interesting...

Overall..the car is butter smooth on boost transition now, and i can run it as high as 26psi without getting a CEL....throttle response is amazing, and i am considering Evans downpipe.....

Gotta believe i am getting close to the end of the stock K04....and to think, it has 125k miles on it...
pretty amazing......
Old 02-13-2007, 06:25 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Not sure where I'll go from here.....

but the downpipe goes on tomorrow - with CAT. I have a test pipe as well - but I'd rather dyno with the cat.

I still have the evo heatsheild and samco intake hose to do - but those aren't going to get dyno'd. I just want my chip to be finished.

Quick Reply: Project TT Defcon and 42DD Engine hardware kit article now live