TT (Mk1) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk1 Audi TT Coupe & Roadster produced from 2000-2006

propane/93 hybrid TT 1.8t.

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2010, 06:07 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default propane/93 hybrid TT 1.8t.

im messing around with it, so far im runing a patent pending preturbo setup and its by far better then my w/m. propane has a nice effect this way on the AIT temps and charge fill. its a weird but very simpile gasoline/propane setup.

also, im getting almost 65mpg highway and 40 mpg city. lamda is spot on, and adaption is more then fine. egt temps are also on par. even at 23psi. engine is runing better then ever.

if intersted, post up.
Old 01-19-2011, 07:02 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Definitely would like more info on this setup. Please PM me if you get a chance. Thanks, sounds like just what the doctor ordered.
Old 01-19-2011, 07:06 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

its using the evap line preturbo with a very small fixed amount of lpg. lpg in a very small amount precharges the air mix much better then gasoline alone, and is super cold. but the me7 will only adapt so much before it floods out. but there is always lemmiwinks.

so how much, well very little if doing a gasoline lpg hybrid. here is a example. i used a small lpg torch at idle, and the lamda jumped from +5% to -%25 then corrected back to +3%.

my next two mods are going to be using a old n249 wired up to the fog lights for lpg on/off.
Old 02-02-2011, 01:22 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Where to get info

Just would like to know where to get information about this set up. Sounds interesting. Also any schematics on your layout with pictures would be great!! Thanks in advance.
Old 02-03-2011, 05:42 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

there is a bunch of info on the web about lpg. but i think im the only one that is going to give you the info you want. find your evap line going into your turbo inlet pipe, you can either T into that line or use that line just for lpg. i ran the hose into the cabin where the boost gauge line was right by the shifter, with a small propane bottle and a modified propan torch head. i just unscrewed the torch head cap btw. with the engine runing, and my trusty vag com measuring mb 32 and 33, i turned up the valve to full on and was fine. next i used a large bbq lpg tank, did the same thing, and i quickly stalled the engine out from to much lpg. i had to use lemmi to tweak the primary to run more lpg, and i also had to knock the timing back a little. but to be honest, the small torch bottle bleeding just a little seemed to work the best. rember, your shooting for a lamda of 0, so give the ecu some time to adapt to what it thinks is a leaking injector.....
to easy., and try it at your own risk.