TT (Mk1) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk1 Audi TT Coupe & Roadster produced from 2000-2006

PSA.....F1 Season Starts this Weekend!

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2006, 02:17 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default PSA.....F1 Season Starts this Weekend!

This is the reason I pay big bucks for cable TV!

The months of waiting are over. The 2006 FIA Formula One World Championship gets underway in Bahrain this weekend with new drivers, new regulations and even a new team. And winter testing suggests that champions Renault have plenty of rivals ready and able to steal their crown...
THE RULE CHANGES
A new, knockout qualifying system will make Saturdays more exciting than ever; a move to V8 engines gives the engineers a fresh challenge; and the return of tyre changes will require a new type of race strategy...
http://www.formula1.com/news/4043.html
THE TEAMS AND DRIVERS
Jordan are now Midland, Minardi have become Toro Rosso, and the all-new Super Aguri squad give us an 11 team line-up for the first time since 2002. The 2006 contenders explained...
http://www.formula1.com/news/4049.html
THE CARS
The move to V8 engines and further revisions to the aero regulations have had major implications for the design of the 2006 Formula One cars, as you can see in our Technical Analysis section...
http://www.formula1.com/insight/technical_analysis/team/2006/5/244.html
NEW FOR 2006 - TEXT & PICTURE MESSAGING
The only official source of race information for mobile phones - unique data, exclusive images and a speed of delivery only possible through our direct connection to Formula One Management's Technical Facility at the circuit. Substantial discounts on multi-race packages...
http://www.formula1.com/mobile_email/mobile/
OFFICIAL LIVE TIMING
As always, Formula1.com puts you in the very heart of the action, streaming real-time data directly from the track throughout practice, qualifying and the race...
http://www.formula1.com/race/livetiming/751.html
TICKETS & TRAVEL - BOOK ONLINE
Our unique service provides all you need to book your dream trip to the 2006 Grand Prix of your choice - flights, hotels, hire cars, race tickets and complete travel packages. Not sure where to go? Then consult our in-depth guides to all 18 race destinations...
http://www.formula1.com/tickets_and_travel/
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
THE FRIDAY PREVIEW
Fernando Alonso, Kimi Raikkonen and Michael Schumacher all entered into the spirit of the Bahrain Grand Prix yesterday, and each of them is feeling optimistic about their chances.

"I don't think we are exactly where we want to be but we are in a much better position than we were a month ago," admitted Raikkonen. "I think we have been quick sometimes, but Renault and Honda might be quicker than us. It really depends if we get everything sorted out, in which case we might be able to fight for wins. But we will just do the best that we can and see where we end up."

Alonso looks relaxed and ready for the fight, and is determined to be one of those rare champions who can repeat the feat the following year.

"I think nothing has changed," he said of his championship success with Renault in 2005, "but obviously this weekend I will have number one on my car so it's dream come true and I will try my best again, all through this season and try to repeat the success we had last year.

"I am approaching it slightly differently because I always arrived at the first race, in the past, thinking to be fighting for the races or to be on the podium, winning races or something like that. Now I have much more confidence in myself and am much more looking forward to the championship, at the end, to be World Champion again. It doesn't matter how many races you win, maybe. It's only a matter of being champion at the end and this is a different approach.

"It will depend on how quick the car is. It doesn't matter how motivated you are because as soon as you start the race and the green lights go on, all the drivers do their maximum, their best and sometimes you can do it and sometimes not. I think the best thing is that we arrive ready again, the new car is competitive and strong enough to be quick on race pace. I think we are ready for the first race, we'll see what happens on Sunday."

Schumacher said that he prefers driving the V8 cars to the V10s. "It's more in harmony and it's much sharper to drive."

Raikkonen agrees. "I think it goes a bit slower in a straight line and the corner speed is about the same as in previous years. I haven't changed my driving at all. You just try to go as quickly as you can. Of course, the torque is not as much as in a V10 so there are more details in different areas, but it hasn't really changed much."

Alonso, Raikkonen and Schumacher are three clear favourites for the 2005 title, but Schumacher believes there could be more. "I think there's more than three because Honda have two drivers. Also, we all have team mates so it's got to be a nice season for all of us."
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thank you for visiting Formula1.com, the Official Formula One website.
Old 03-10-2006, 02:24 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Hi Wendy... ever dreamed of running your own F1 Team? Here's a good site...

Btw, I did get your PM OTOF... nothing to say really, but I do appreciate your thoughts.<ul><li><a href="http://www.f1grandprixmanager.com">Create and manage your own team...</a></li></ul>
Old 03-10-2006, 02:26 AM
AudiWorld Member

Imaportant is that Villeneuve will show who is the best
Old 03-10-2006, 03:16 AM
Rest In Peace

Default HAHA...forgot about that...thanks for the reminder Wendy!!!! >>>

when were we thinking of doing F1 in canada again?
Old 03-10-2006, 04:23 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Finally! and me too, on the cable.
Old 03-10-2006, 04:39 AM

Default Sure as hell isn't him. Only thing he'll show us is how many weeks before he starts

pissing and moaning again.
Old 03-10-2006, 04:46 AM
Rest In Peace

hahahahahaha tru dat!
Old 03-10-2006, 10:53 AM

Default I would love to do it this year....but it might be a little late to organize...

we also kind a booked this summer.

so...do you think Ron could do the timing belt himself? he asked that today...I suppose if I didn't want to drive the car for a year or two I'd say yes...oops...did I say that out loud.
Old 03-10-2006, 10:56 AM

Default I barely have time to visit the forums

much less run a fantasy F1 team but its a great idea. need to gtg sometime now that the weather is nice. I need to get the TT out of storage and get the timing belt done.
Old 03-10-2006, 11:39 AM
Rest In Peace

Default lol...it is a full days job....>>>

you know his schedule better than mine! ;-)

Quick Reply: PSA.....F1 Season Starts this Weekend!