TT (Mk1) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk1 Audi TT Coupe & Roadster produced from 2000-2006

Question for all ...

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-1999, 12:32 PM
Michael Richard

Default Question for all ...

Here's my dilemma (which I will attempt to keep brief): I've been on the waiting list for my Blue/Black TT for approx. 3 months, which I know is not that long compared to most. My local dealer (whose waiting list I have been on for those 3 mos.) has been of zero help to me whatsoever. So I called and spoke to an out-of-state dealer and the kind gentleman there was supposed to get back to me within a week or so regarding a TT he had at port that was waiting to be sold. Yesterday (having been 3 weeks since I first spoke w/ him), I call up the out-of-state dealer to get an update. He tells me that he believes that, since Audi has not given him a definite answer on what they'd like to do with the car, they're debating on whether to sell it to an out-of-stater b/c they have no proof that I'm not a dealer. He tells me Audi's very adamant about NOT re-selling to dealers. I understand that part, but if I'm understanding this correctly, they're also basically telling me that they're not going to take my $$!! I'm prepared to give them almost $34K and they're telling me that b/c I'm an out-of-state customer, I can't have the car. The more frustrating part is that I know the car's sitting @ port just waiting, when I COULD be driving it as we speak!!

Does this sound extremely ridiculous to anyone else??

Is there anything I can do here?? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance,
-M.Richard
Old 08-24-1999, 02:34 PM
Brian

Default Here's how I did it

I was told there was a six to eight month wait in Seatle. That being deemed unacceptable by me, I downloaded the list of dealers off the official Audi USA site. Maybe forty phome calls later I located the car in the color and upholstery I wanted. A credit card deposit was taken over the phone, I hopped the next red eye and gave them a check for the car, licensed it as in-transit, and drove it home. Pretty simple really. As Nike says........
Old 08-24-1999, 02:40 PM
STTeve R

Default Something smells fishy at that port...(more)

I would be waiting for my TT until June 2000 according to my local and only New Mexico dealer. I networked (faxes, calls, and e-mails). I bitched on this forum. Thanks to a fellow TT enthusiast (Skip Hoffman), he put me in contact with The Exchange in Highland Park, IL. I got my loan, flew up to Chicago, was picked up by limo (longest stretch I've ever seen) and 45 minutes later was sitting in the showroom. I paid MSRP, received a thank you gift (I sent one to the salesman, too, Bob Bolnick). I drove back at a leisurely pace (a bit nervously) and viola! I have my TT. Took the MSO to the MVD and registered it. Was a real piece of cake!
Perhaps I was just lucky but I know I'll be one of the few TTs to drive in my home State. In fact, I have yet to see one in a month of driving mine.
Old 08-24-1999, 05:38 PM
frank w.

Default Out of state dealers

I'd agree with Brian. The local dealers were too proud of their profit margins when I tried to buy the wife's A6. Got on the phone and closed a deal with an Audi dealer in the next state. He faxed the quote. I gave him the credit card number over the phone. The car went on order. He called when it came in. Drove over with the family and picked it up.

Piece of cake.

Frank W.
180Q soon
Old 08-24-1999, 07:02 PM
SeanP

Default Re: Question for all ...

Purchased mine out-of-state also. $400 to ship it from Boulder, CO to Houston, TX in a covered transport. My credit union registered the car for me. And best of all, NO WAIT!
Old 08-25-1999, 04:54 AM
Justin

Default Re: Question for all ...

I was up at IRA dealership (danvers Mass) on Monday and they have 3 cars on the lot unspoken for. I want to say there were 2 blues and a silver. Dont' know where you live, but could be a possibility. Also I know they take CC deposits over the phone $500 and sell at MSRP.

good luck