TT (Mk1) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk1 Audi TT Coupe & Roadster produced from 2000-2006

Question for Steve Schwing or others...

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2006, 03:03 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Question for Steve Schwing or others...

I think I'm going with SFS hoses - intake and IC hoses w/ integrated DV relocation. I'm also about to order a **** and BM. Will I need a special cut on the **** for an SFS hose?

Also, What type DV/BOV is most recommended?

Another question... I'm about to get the timing belt changed since I'm at 64K. Would any one or more of the hose replacements be better installed by my mechanic during the timing belt change? I'm guessing everything will be easier to get to and he might not charge as much to do it... or is it better for me to wait and do it myself after the belt change?

TIA, Vince.
Old 10-04-2006, 03:14 PM

Default SFS Hose shouldn't require a special **** cut, the **** is cut to the "stock" specs

Wait and do the hoses yourself. The most your mechanic will need to do is remove the Charge pipe hose connection. You could have him do the intake hose because it's a PITA but it's not a part of the timing belt job and you'd probably get charge a regular rate to do it.

DV's are recommended, not BOV's. As for what type, personal preference mainly. Forge, Greddy, Hyperboost, they're all good. Pistons require maintenance but rarely fail. Diaphram based ones may rip a diaphram that can be replaced but many don't ever have problems with em. They are maintenance free, never need lubed like a piston type does. And teh diaphram based ones *may* give you a bit quicker response but I wouldn't really factor that in and just get what you want. Do a search, read others opinions then form your own and it's bee the right choice regardless.

Trent
Old 10-04-2006, 03:21 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Tial > All
Old 10-04-2006, 03:27 PM

Endorsed by keyboard tuners everywhere! ;-)
Old 10-04-2006, 03:32 PM
AudiWorld Super User

huh?
Old 10-04-2006, 03:36 PM
AudiWorld Super User

FTW!!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-04-2006, 03:37 PM

Tial is a BOV that ricers run for teh sound, gotta have teh sound mang!
Old 10-04-2006, 03:49 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Yeah, I got it on my car. Its just fa decoration.
Old 10-04-2006, 03:52 PM

Default A mod you may want to consider to get done at the same time as your timing belt is>>>

a lightweight crank and powersteering pulley, most people stay away from doing alternator pulleys though because it can give you voltage issues or something like that. I had Induktion do the ECS lighweight pulleys (excluding the alternator pulley)when they did my timing belt. Get it done soon though, you are running on very thin ice with that many miles on your timing belt. ECS actually sells a timing belt kit with the pulleys...most people seem to go with the dieselgeek timing belt kit though.

As far as the hoses do it yourself, I'd be glad to help you sometime...it would only take a couple hours to do all of them.
Old 10-04-2006, 04:00 PM
AudiWorld Super User

k den mang... teh tial fa teh sound. Got it.

Quick Reply: Question for Steve Schwing or others...