TT (Mk1) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk1 Audi TT Coupe & Roadster produced from 2000-2006

Questions for Jason Dale...

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-1999, 01:13 PM
John Ireland

Default Re: Michael's answer...

That is good news that you have a lot of cars on the road and no problems. There are people here who also have had no problems...not many miles either. But the very real issue is that there have been some significant failures on some of the cars, and they have been enough to cast doubt on the build quality of the cars coming to the USA. I cannot speak with authority on what the specific differences are between Europe and USA but I do know that the emissions criteria is different and that will effect equipment and tuning in those areas. Thanks for the replay. Please give us any additional info you can on how the Euro cars are doing.<br>John
Old 06-18-1999, 01:17 PM
John Ireland

Default Re: Jason and big dogs...

No one is beating on Jason...he's simply being asked for information because his source should be one of the best. <p>As for big dogs...you give away your own size if you think the TT is a big dog. It's a nice car with a lot of promise...but it needs to grow up a little before it can run with big dogs.
Old 06-18-1999, 01:20 PM
John Ireland

Default Let's do a survey...the issue isn't...:

who has had zero problems. The issue is that many people here have had one or more problems. And if this were the total problems to occur in the USA...they would still be, by their nature, important and needing to be addressed.
Old 06-18-1999, 01:24 PM
John Ireland

Default And we are all happy for you Petter...and by the way....

About that chipped version you drove. You say the temperature stayed normal...but how long did you have your foot in it? Ten seconds...one minute...ten minutes...one hour? When you get to one hour, and it stays normal...then that is a good thing. And it isn't just the coolant temp, it's the turbo temp...and there is no guage on the dash to tell you how that is going. Remember Petter...there's more to life than just "the squirt."
Old 06-18-1999, 01:57 PM
Peter Ryckaert

Default I drove the chip and I am NOT PeTTer! I'm peter@audi-tt.org. Comments on chip...

Just drove aggressively around town. No racing, no high-speed run. Just as I drive my 180hp. I'm only recounting my opinion. Personally I have a real problem with chipping a car. To reinforce that, I have $500 down on the 1st 225Q in Tulsa, OK. Pete (not PeTTer). But I am "peter@audi-tt.org.
Old 06-18-1999, 02:56 PM
John Ireland

Default Thanks...I didn't get my "petters" straight until after I posted. nt

nt
Old 06-18-1999, 03:26 PM
Frank

Default Re: 1400 milles... no problems.

1000 miles. No problems.
Old 06-18-1999, 04:00 PM
SeanP

Default Over 1000 miles (granted not a lot), no problems. nt.

nt
Old 06-18-1999, 04:35 PM
Brad Willis

Default 3600 miles and no problems of any substance. The TT is a beautiful and fabulous machine. I think that some have just had bad luck. (nt)

nt
Old 06-19-1999, 08:07 AM
Jason Dale

Default Reply from JD

OK, I've got to say that I have not seen ANY defects in the four or five that we have had go through the dealership. The only minor issue is the headlamp lens patterns, but I am assured that Audi is following up on this. You're absolutely right when you mention that I can't comment about cars that I haven't personally seen, and at this point, how many TT's are in the hands of owners now? A couple of thousand? Remember, we have our own little microcosm here and people that are involved with it are going to be pretty vocal about their issues. I will have a better idea of what's really going on out there when I go back to training for the TTQ through the minds of other Audi techs. I would have to say that all in all, this has been a fantastic launch of a new product. <p>By the way, thanks to other members on the forum for sticking up for me even though I didn't take offense to the post, it was just a genuine concern.<p>And, no, John it's not ready to run with the big dogs, but I really don't think that that's it's mission, and it will carve out it's own niche in auto evolution rather than trying to compete with M Roadsters and the like.<p>Jason Dale<br>Audi Technician<br>Ken Garff Motors<br>Provo, UT

Quick Reply: Questions for Jason Dale...