TT (Mk1) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk1 Audi TT Coupe & Roadster produced from 2000-2006

ranting>>>>

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2005, 12:10 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts
Default ranting>>>>

lesson learned: never trust ANYONE!!!!

so i had a local tranny shop replaced my trany fluid about 3-4 mos ago (5k miles)...they are a pretty gud local tranny shop...i take my benz to them to get my auto tranny serviced (they have a complete flush machine for autos)

anyhow so i brought em the TT and some MT-90 fluid and GL-5 for the rear diff for them to change out.....they never seen a TT before...but i figure it shouldnt be that hard to do the fluids since they have the bently manuals etc.....so anyhow......i am gonna skip the part that was my fault (with the mixed up of the haldex and the rear diff)

so when they are doing the tranny....first they did drain it correctly (which is undoing both the tranny and the bevel box drain plug) first they couldnt find the 'fill' plug for the bevel box.....so i asked around and found out that it is the same fill plugs as the tranny since they are 'connected' inside....

but then they did not follow the remaining of the directions....which is you are suppose to fill the tranny....run the car for about 2-3 mins so that the fluid will get over to the bevel box....then check it and fill it up again....

so after the few 'mis-shifts' that i have had...i decided to look into the tranny myself today......and here is what i found

1. the tranny was NOT filled.....i had to pump in 1.5 bottle of MT-90...so basically my tranny was running low in tranny fluid for the last 3-4 mos OUCH!!!!hopefully it didnt do too much damage to my tranny..... :-(

2. my dogbone bolts was not torqued correctly (it was wayyy lose)....this is my fault caz i didnt pay too much attention when i installed it

3. i re-adjusted my DG shift links and lube all parts

so hopefully this will help....and if it still doesnt i might consider bleeding the clutch later

anyhow just some ranting