TT (Mk1) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk1 Audi TT Coupe & Roadster produced from 2000-2006

Raven Black TT in Seattle - Big Mistake??

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2000, 07:48 PM
Caesar

Default Raven Black TT in Seattle - Big Mistake??

I'm in the dilemma to end all dilemmas. You all know what the weather is like in Seattle, right? We it's really crappy 9 months a year. I'm on the list for a black TT, and I think that it will be worth the effort to keep clean, but has anyone gone with black that regrets it? Especially in a Seattle-like weather pattern?

This was probably a topic for discussion before, but I thought that I’d check with you all anyhow. Also, thank again to all of you who gave me some great leasing advice a while back.

Thanks!

Caesar
Future (black or silver) 225TTQ Owner
Old 01-07-2000, 08:36 PM
Richard

Default Re: Raven Black TT in Seattle - Big Mistake??

I've had the black TT for almost three months here in So. California, and it is work intensive. A daily chore to keep it looking good. But, I think that rain or mist would be easier to cope with than the dust and pollen we have here. In the two rain storms we've had, it's just been a case of drying the car off. Mud splatter can be dealt with with a hose, like with any car of any color. IMHO, I'd rather deal with the wet and cool than the heat, dust and pollen. Bottom line, though, is when it's clean it is gorgeous, and all is forgiven
Richard
Old 01-07-2000, 08:48 PM
LarryTT

Default I don't have a problem with my Brilliant Black TTQ

I am able to keep my Brilliant Black TTQ clean. I drive back and forth weekly between Long Island and Connecticut. I have rain just bead into tiny drops, then I drive and they are gone. I don't dry my car after a rain, nor do i worry about any air particles. Believe me driving through NYC is pretty dirty! I try and wash the car once each week and apply another coat of Zaino wax, that is all I do!

Look down a few post and you will see a pic of my car after not being washed for a week!

Larry
180TTQ
Old 01-07-2000, 08:55 PM
AkRascal

Default Haven't washed my silver TTQ in two months!!!

Don't ask how it looks...
Old 01-08-2000, 01:12 AM
johnkorellis

Default Classic quote: "Cool, a black one! All I've seen till now were silver..." Love my black TT!(nt)

nt
Old 01-08-2000, 01:29 AM
Damian

Black is the way to go, much rarer, subtle, understated, all around good times.. you won't regret it
Old 01-08-2000, 04:59 AM
DieTTmar

Default Re: Raven Black TT in Seattle - Big Mistake??

My 180FWD is brillant black and i live in Mexico City with very high polution. Sometimes i have three weeks without washing him. What i do is, i have a california car duster which i have bought in Price Club and each night i clean the TT with the duster and than i cover him with a car cover, have ordered a custom tailered cover this week, still using at the moment a standard cover which fits more and less. If you like the black TT, get him, for me it is the best color.

Greetings from Mexico City
DieTTmar
Old 01-08-2000, 07:18 AM
RolS

Default Raven Black TT in LA

I agree that it is easier to keep a car clean in cleaner air. My car gets a layer of dust on it in just one day. But I still LOVE my Raven Black and am very hapy with it. It is a lot less common than silver...and to me looks just as good.
Old 01-08-2000, 07:21 AM
jacqth

Re: Raven Black TT in Seattle ? I don't think so with all the rain they have up there
Old 01-08-2000, 08:30 AM
Carl

Default Silver

Like AK below, I only washed my silver after 6 weeks, not because it needed it, but because I wanted to test drive a car wash I found. I have a black 90S and wife has a black A6. You gotta like to wash your car to own black although part of me says all cars should be black, just like Henry.

TTQ Boston (no snow yet, no road salt yet, no need for car washing yet).

Quick Reply: Raven Black TT in Seattle - Big Mistake??