TT (Mk1) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk1 Audi TT Coupe & Roadster produced from 2000-2006

Re: Car and Driver's Don Schroeder dies in "modified" car story below...

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2000, 03:24 PM
Brad Willis

Default Re: Car and Driver's Don Schroeder dies in "modified" car story below...

Maybe I'm paranoid, but when I saw this story about Don Schroeder being killed in a "modified" car, I could only hope that he wasn't piloting a TT. After all, there has been much recent discussion about the handling of modified TTs, and Audi has held press indroductions in Texas before.

So I called the Fort Stockton, Texas Sheriff's Office. The Deputy I spoke with didn't have all of the facts, but she said that it was her understanding that the car involved was a Mercedes, and the accident did occur on the track. So I'm relieved that the car apparently wasn't a TT, but of course it's tragic that Mr. Schroeder, who was only 35, lost his life.

I know that a number of you are about to participate in high speed driving schools. Let Don Schroeder's death be a reminder that even a very experienced driver such as he, presumably with all of the proper safety equipment, is not immune to the laws of physics. In other words, please be careful.
Old 02-13-2000, 03:37 PM
Pieter

Who cares, its the risk of driving any car to the limit for any one.
Old 02-13-2000, 05:00 PM
Brad Willis

Default Obviously I do, idiot!...

Ahhhhhh, that felt GOOD! I get tired of trying to be nice sometimes.
Old 02-13-2000, 07:03 PM
Reasonable, normal person, no peter or richard

Pieter, get a grip & don' be so cold, a person died, who had family, spell your name like a man dick
Old 02-13-2000, 07:06 PM
TTired of Brad-Dad!

Default We all thank brad for his detective work. I again suggest you get off your high horse and...

either get yourself a hobby or get in your TT and see if you can take a wet corner at about 160 in an unmodified TT so that you WILL KEEP YOUR DOOM AND GLOOM TO YOURSELF.
Old 02-13-2000, 07:10 PM
TTired of Brad-Dad!

Default Oh yea, and we do not need to see any more pictures of your ugly mug posted here.

(what kind of trip are you on!?)
Old 02-13-2000, 10:36 PM
Pieter

What I ment was: Diing in a car accident is a sad thing for ANY BODY
Old 02-13-2000, 10:39 PM
Pieter

Look two lines up, sir
Old 02-14-2000, 05:12 AM
marty

Default Re: Car and Driver's Don Schroeder dies in "modified" car story below...

Brad, thanks for the update, and of course ignore the rude and infantile posts below! It gives me some pleasure to see Mercedes get some bad press. Of course, as a loyal follower of Car and Driver, Don Schroeder will be missed. My condolences to his family.
Old 02-14-2000, 05:27 AM
Bruce R.

Default Those of us who own Mercedes thank you for your thoughts.

Very nice comment at the cost of some one elses life....

Quick Reply: Re: Car and Driver's Don Schroeder dies in "modified" car story below...