TT (Mk1) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk1 Audi TT Coupe & Roadster produced from 2000-2006

Re Passing Lane

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2002, 11:30 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LoL.. No, im not in So. Fla.. Im talking about someone not using their

turn signal at all.. On the highway or on the streets.. That really gets me..
Old 01-07-2002, 11:50 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default What a POS.. Thats how road rage starts

First off, who the hell does this ******* think he is? Somekind of vigalantecop? Why be an ******* and **** people off? Not happy with the way you wake up in the morning so your going to help start peoples day the same way??? Im sure the jackass with the hummer has broken the law, but no one ever felt it was their job to punish him.. Using the left lane as a passing lane is done out of courtesy, obviously this guy is selfish and seeks enjoyment out of peoples fustration.. Not a good game to play in this world..
Old 01-07-2002, 10:13 PM

Default A Simple Rule

If there's a bunch of cars behind and no one in front of you, you are driving too slowly. Pull off and let the people go past.

I grew up driving an old Jeep CJ-3A--top speed of 40 miles per hour--and I learned to be courteous. If there were ever more than two cars behind me or the cars were behind me for more than five minutes, I would pull over--even if I was going the speed limit.

By the way, that was on two-lane country roads. I never took it on the Highway.

Anyway, I'm not sure there's a federal law on the Interstates for what the left lane is for and I believe it varies from state to state. For example, in Vermont and New Hampshire, where the Interstates generally only have two lanes, you can be pulled over and fined for "traveling in the left lane." Out here in California, where there is considerably more traffic and, consequently, more lanes, the left lanes are considered to be for "through" traffic while the right lanes are for those exiting and entering the freeway.

Yes, people who drive "too slowly" in the left lane are annoying, especially when traffic is too thick to get around them. My solution is to make sure I have a mellow CD on standby. Bring it up and relax for a few minutes while this person slowly makes his/her way past the tie-up.

When you can clearly pass them on the right, signal a lane change and wait a moment to see if they take the hint and move over themselves. If they don't, calmly move over into the right hand lane, and...

<i>Downshift! Punch the accelerator! Blow their !%*#@! doors off!!!</i>

...Calmly reduce speed, return to the left hand lane, put the previous music back on the CD, and enjoy yourself. :^)