TT (Mk1) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk1 Audi TT Coupe & Roadster produced from 2000-2006

Repair manual (Haynes?)

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2013, 01:39 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Repair manual (Haynes?)

7 years ago when I had just bought my Audi TT, I posted an thread on the non-exsistent Haynes Manual for Audi TT. I have spoken to Haynes, and they told me there is and will be no Haynes repair manual for the TT. I then got hold of Elsawin, which is pretty straightforward with drawings and technical data. Last week I decided to finally go ahead and mailorder the Bentley manual. Wow! Total deception! It is an exact copy of Elswain, with a big drawback: the book covers all models, so for one specific part or problem you have to dig through endless pages of the same drwaings and text. To top it off, about a third of the 3 inch thick book covers all 12 different cable trees. I looked through it for 5 minutes, then re-packed it and sent it straight back. So, that leaves me without a Haynes-like book that covers a complete teardown of an engine and car. Perhaps there is a Haynes manual for VW or an Audi A4 with the exact same engine (132kw, engine code AJQ). Does anybody know?
Old 03-14-2013, 07:33 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

same here
Old 03-14-2013, 09:41 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default Haynes for Audi TT

could it be this one:
http://www.haynes.co.uk/Press/Haynes...RGBhr_4253.jpg

Originally Posted by Markdr
7 years ago when I had just bought my Audi TT, I posted an thread on the non-exsistent Haynes Manual for Audi TT. I have spoken to Haynes, and they told me there is and will be no Haynes repair manual for the TT. I then got hold of Elsawin, which is pretty straightforward with drawings and technical data. Last week I decided to finally go ahead and mailorder the Bentley manual. Wow! Total deception! It is an exact copy of Elswain, with a big drawback: the book covers all models, so for one specific part or problem you have to dig through endless pages of the same drwaings and text. To top it off, about a third of the 3 inch thick book covers all 12 different cable trees. I looked through it for 5 minutes, then re-packed it and sent it straight back. So, that leaves me without a Haynes-like book that covers a complete teardown of an engine and car. Perhaps there is a Haynes manual for VW or an Audi A4 with the exact same engine (132kw, engine code AJQ). Does anybody know?
Old 03-17-2013, 10:07 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

That's the one!
I already bought it (for only 25% of the pice of Bentley).
It's great, but to my amazement the TT is exactly like the A3, down to details like the electrics and everything. Just a different shell.
Anyway, this Haynes is what I was looking for, although I like pre OBD Haynes manuals better, for those included fault and remedy pages at the end of each chapter. I miss that.

Originally Posted by Markdr