TT (Mk1) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk1 Audi TT Coupe & Roadster produced from 2000-2006

Revo flash...

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2005, 10:57 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Revo flash...

Do I have any worries about Revo flashing the chip and the dealer detecting it?
Old 11-22-2005, 11:00 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default There are several things they can do that can detect evidence of a flash....>

RPMs logged higher that stock would allow I think, stuff like that, some know the cruise control switching etc... etc...
Old 11-22-2005, 11:00 AM

Don't worry - be happy - no problem !
Old 11-22-2005, 11:01 AM

/\ /\ /\ he's revo... no worries
Old 11-22-2005, 11:11 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Depends on your dealer......I've had mine into the dealer a few times.....

with all my mods installed, and they've never squawked about anything.
Old 11-22-2005, 11:12 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Just when I thought I had it all filed correctly in my head... well, some anyway...
Old 11-22-2005, 11:54 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default None at all...

unless you're planning on being dishonest by increasing the stresses on your engine then expecting the standard warranty to cover any failures.

If you're chipping, take responsibility for your actions and don't expect there to be any warranty on the engine.
Old 11-22-2005, 12:03 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default That's a bit extreme. I 've been serviced by the dealer since day 1 and they

have had no issue with my mods. Of course I haven't blown an engine either...that may have changed their tune! Just don't go crazy with the SPS3 and you'll be fine. The higher you go the more stress you put on the engine components. I've been REVO'd for years and have had exactly ZERO issues.
Old 11-22-2005, 12:09 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Not at all...

it you chip and blow up your engine, then expect the _Audi_ (not dealer) warranty to cover it, you're in effect passing the costs of YOUR increased risk onto other Audi customers, since those warranty costs just get reflected in new car prices.

If, as you say, there's no concern with chipping causing engine damage, then what's the problem with being honest and just admitting to the dealer that you don't expect warranty coverage on the engine? If there is an engine problem, who are you to say that chipping didn't push it "over the edge?"

Audi is clear in the warranty terms, and by chipping, you make a choice not to abide by those terms. Your decision, your responsibility.
Old 11-22-2005, 12:18 PM

Default Good for the goose, good for the Gander

Lie to those bastards any chance you get. Why should it be any different when they sit behind their desks with smug smiles and continue to recommend 105k timing belt changes. They know it's an issue, they take the risks by not changing their recommendations in that they'll deal with every consumer differently. They find out how knowledgable the customer is and how much he's going to fight back and then use every deceptive business practice in the book to save whatever pennies they can.

I chip and modify my car whenever I want. I do it knowing the risks to my car and my warrenty coverage. But I'm also going to lie, deceive and do whatever is necessary to deal with Audi on THEIR level and do unto them as they do unto me. But I do that knowing ahead of time that ultimately it may be my responsibility, as should they.

Quick Reply: Revo flash...