TT (Mk1) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk1 Audi TT Coupe & Roadster produced from 2000-2006

Revo flash...

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2005, 12:21 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default I've always been of the mindset that you catch more bees with honey than

vinegar. As such, I have built a good relationship with my dealer and have been up front about ALL the mods I've done to the car, including chipping. They have serviced all the typical failures covered on this board with no exceptions...clusters, sending units, MAF sensors X 3, etc. Like I said, if I blew the engine or something major like that, than yes, I suspect it would be on me. But for typical warranty work, a good relationship goes a long way IMO.
Old 11-22-2005, 12:38 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

how can you detect an over-rev, anything with Vag-Com?
Old 11-22-2005, 01:04 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Live by the sword, die by the sword...

your argument works just as well in reverse - but I'm sure you didn't want to provide them with a rationalization.

Sure, sometimes being honest means being taken advantage of, but at least the karma's good - what goes around comes around. But, you're certainly free to choose to be a reprobate, which carries with it a different karma.

Have YOU had a timing belt failure? Was it after 60K? Did you know beforehand that 60K is the consensus opinion of the TT community? Audi's 105K is simply a recommendation. They also recommend using genuine Audi parts. Do you use Audi oil and air filters? Buy replacement batteries from the dealership? Avoid aftermarket parts? Obviously not, so why complain when you only follow the recommendations which you think benefit you (i.e. not changing TB before 105K)?
Old 11-22-2005, 01:35 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Actually, you can catch more bees with beer!

Bees make honey, they're sick of it and they like to drink beer when on break.
Old 11-22-2005, 02:38 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default oh pleeeesze stop. You sound like a shill for PETA ----->>>>>

PEOPLE FOR THE ETHICAL TREATMENT OF AUDI

I'll bet you all ready have your Hillary campaign button don't ya?
Old 11-22-2005, 02:41 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Actually he has a good point....

do you really think Audi should cover a blown engine if the ECU has been messed with? I don't....
Old 11-22-2005, 02:49 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default No, I think manufacturer should have replaced the windshield on my car which they did not until

The New York State Attorney General interceded.

I wouldn't intentionally rip off the manufacturer but apparently the manufacture doesn't always feel the same way.
Old 11-22-2005, 03:06 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Yes...honey of the fermented variety always works!
Old 11-22-2005, 03:07 PM

Default I agree, expecting us to treat the dealer that way when they don't act the same in return

It's the same reason why people set their chips back to stock when they take it to the dealer, or buy an additional ECU, or usually ask if this or that chip/programming is detectable. It's the same as asking your dealer or AoA when the timing belt should be changed and they sit their straight faced and say 105k when they know otherwise.

I'm mostly playing devils advocate here. I don't set out to intentionally deceive anyone. I haven't had a timing belt go but my room-mate had his go in his A4 and my brother in law just did in his A4 as well. Both could have been prevented if AoA and their dealerships treated their clients the way we're expected to treat them.

Personally I will change the timing belt at 60k, maybe even sooner. But because of knowledge I had to learn on my own because AoA refused to make it available to me. My issue is with them having the information and supressing it for a financial reason. If I choose to hide my mods I am doing the exact same thing. As for 105k being a "simple recommendation" that is a gross understatement and completely out of context. Personally I would view it as an explict written guideline given by those who should be in the know. And to continue to misstate this when they know it to be incorrect is immoral and should be illegal. Just the kind of thing vulture lawyers with no soul should be fighting to get at, but thats right, there's probably no money in it. So why would they care.
Old 11-22-2005, 03:08 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default If you think Revo is undetectable as advertised, think again. They can tell it is not stock. EVEN if

you SPS to stock , that is a "REVO" stock mode, not the actual Audi Maps.

You can talk to Revo and they will confirm.

Quick Reply: Revo flash...