TT (Mk1) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk1 Audi TT Coupe & Roadster produced from 2000-2006

Roadster Specifying, Opinions needed!

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2000, 09:59 AM
RoadsTTer

Default Roadster Specifying, Opinions needed!

I am set on a Silver 225Q Roadster for my preorder at the dealer this week. Waivering between the Aviator Gray interior versus the popular Ebony Black though. Thinking that gray would be a little different, and at the LA show this week it looked like the gray in the Desert Green Roadster was pretty charcoal like, offering some decent contrast to the aluminum tones. By the way, the Roadster Leather appears to be a different slighly more pebbled "Napa" leather as opposed to the coupe. Also, the carpeting looked almost black with the gray interior, but supposedly it is gray in the Audi description. Any thoughts, especially from Silver Ext./Gray Int. owners? I figure the gray interior might be a bit cooler to sit in on a summer day. I just don't want to order the wrong combo after a years wait!

Also, there is a gray rag top now available with the US intro of the Roadster. Any thoughts on how this would look with a Silver Exterior? Would it be harder to keep clean?

Thanks in advanced!

PS. Finally used to the spoilers looks on this already perfectly designed car, but it took a painfully LOOONG time.
Old 01-13-2000, 02:47 PM
steve g

Default Re: Roadster Specifying, Opinions needed!

I have the silver/gray TTQ and really like the combination.I am sure I would like the ebony,but the gray will be cooler in the summer and I believe gives a more open feeling.
Old 01-13-2000, 03:33 PM
Buckeye Billy

I have green/gray coupe. Both colors are great. Gray opens up the interior.
Old 01-13-2000, 07:09 PM
RoadsTTer

Default Re: Roadster Specifying, Thanks! but....

Thanks for the thumbs up on the gray guys, but I still cant get over how at the LA Auto Show the booth personnel said the Green Roadster on the floor had a gray interior. It was clearly darker than the coupe's gray as pictured in Koo's interior photo above. What gives? Were the booth personnel wrong and it is actually black, or does the Roadster gray interior just differ that much from the coupe's? Anyone seen the car I'm talking about?
Old 01-13-2000, 08:21 PM
Don

Default Re: Roadster Specifying, Thanks! but....

Actually, I think Koo's pictures make it look lighter because she is using a flash on the camera.