TT (Mk1) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk1 Audi TT Coupe & Roadster produced from 2000-2006

SAMCO intake done....

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2003, 03:44 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Default SAMCO intake done....

Thanks to all the previous posters, made the job a breeze. Didn't use the rope trick. Just removed the stress bar and the top turbo pipe, disconnecting the big hose at the DV and the little hose with spring clamp from the bottom of the N75. (that way I didn't have to mess with the single-use clamps at the pipe.) Actually gives pretty good access between the firewall and the turbo. Airbox out, then studied all the pieces that are attch to the stock hose. Took the small vaccuum line off at the firewall (another spring clamp, pulled the DV out. cut the small line molded in holders to get the line loose, and popped the bottom hose off by pushing down on it. Couldn't have been easier. Then, used large tin snips to cut the bottom single-use clamp on the PCV valve and pulled it out. Pulled the hose out, and then cut the clamp on the bottom for the check valve line that went up to the firewall hard line. Dremeled off the nub on it, put it back on and clamped in place. Getting the SAMCO back down in place was probably the hardest part of the job, as it's a tight fit. Lined up the bottom clamp and tightened, then started reinstalling lines, DV, etc., then put it all back together. Looked like there's not much clearance between the SAMCO and the brake line coming out of the master cylinder, so I'll have to check that and make sure it's not going to rub anywhere.
Not too bad a job; about 2 hours taking my time and including downloading some pics I took and doing a forum search for something i remembered reading earlier.
Cheers!
Fig