TT (Mk1) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk1 Audi TT Coupe & Roadster produced from 2000-2006

Saw another TT wanabe yesterday - Chrysler Crossfire

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2002, 07:11 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 253 Likes on 215 Posts
Default Saw another TT wanabe yesterday - Chrysler Crossfire

Chrysler is having their annual dealer meeting here during SEMA. I could only get within about 20 feet of their new Crossfire. From the windshield to the back it looks a lot like a TT coupe, even to the spoked wheels. On closer inspection, the wheels were 7 spoke but looked very similar to the TT 6 spoke from a distance. Tires looked like 18" with 40 profile. The front end is longer than a TT and can best be described as a Celica front end with a Vega grill and side vents like the old 1950's Mercedes SL. I liked the look, except for the grill.
Old 11-06-2002, 07:27 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Greetings Larry, whats the price...

range, any idea? Still amazed at the beauty of LV. Had a great time, and thanks again. BTW I think nansaidh is still looking for a pic post of the leathers ; )

"How much longer IS this cruise anyway?"
Old 11-06-2002, 07:27 AM

yeah, i have to admit that i think that car is well-designed for a domestic.
Old 11-06-2002, 07:34 AM

If I am not mistaken, that is a Freeman Thomas design. TT similarities not ironic.
Old 11-06-2002, 07:36 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Yup and it's built on a Mercedes Benz platform with MB engine
Old 11-06-2002, 07:42 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 253 Likes on 215 Posts
Default No price mentioned

I thought I read elsewhere that the starting price was around $25K. I did not get close enough to see the interior at all, which is where most cars fail to deliver. They were saying the release would be this Spring.

I'll try to post a pants shot soon. I did not take any photos of myself during TT West . There has been heavy demand for leather pants since TT West at the Sigfreid & Roy boutique. BTW, one of the TTW wimens admited to kissing one of the dynamic duo ON THE LIPS! EWWWW! Do you know where those lips have been?!

Had a blast meeting you and the rest of the crew (now pun intended) during TTW and the cruise. As mentioned in the Audi World article, I too was suprised at the lack of participation at the ship's bar, but a lot of folks made up for that later on shore.
Old 11-06-2002, 07:47 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default sort of right, his design *group*. He did not work on it.

"The Crossfire provides the performance and precise handling that would make this concept a real contender on the street or on the track," said exterior designer Eric Stoddard. "The inspiration stemmed from a desire to blend pure sculpture with technology. We designed the Crossfire for anyone who is looking for the thrill of driving. It's light, nimble and powerful with an expressive personality."

"The Chrysler Crossfire was engineered with performance and artistic expression in mind," said Stoddard. "The powertrain and suspension system validate the concept's personality as an agile athlete, while design features beg for individual interpretation. Its design forces people to react and reflect simultaneously."

The Crossfire's sophisticated interior complements its exterior. The interior design effort was led by Glenn Abbott, who said he aspired to create the feeling of a stylish sports coupe with a sense of control, accuracy and simplicity.

"I was able to give it a serious, enthusiast's appeal, yet add significant character to it," said Abbott. "That's most evident in the design of the carefully crafted instrument panel gauges, as well as the shape of the steering wheel and seats."
Old 11-06-2002, 08:02 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default It had better be, with the M-B chasssis. My dealings with a Chrysler "hybrid" the '95 Sebring, was

a simple disaster.
Tranny went out right outta warranty.
Brakes and rotors failed precisely ever 17K miles.
Both rear hubs went bad (bearings) before 20K miles.
ABS went out right outta warranty.
CD player went bad.
Side plastic-clad door panels literally fell off.
Old 11-06-2002, 08:07 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Here's some pictures.

<a href="http://laer.nu/autoshow/index.php?directory=detroit2002%2F&search=crossfir e">Crossfire pictures</a>

These were taken at the 2002 Detroit Auto Show early this year, so they may not be exactly like the current design.
Old 11-06-2002, 08:34 AM
AudiWorld Super User

With an MB motor, that's a nice ride

Quick Reply: Saw another TT wanabe yesterday - Chrysler Crossfire