TT (Mk1) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk1 Audi TT Coupe & Roadster produced from 2000-2006

sean (hottub), intake manifold question:

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2002, 08:51 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default sean (hottub), intake manifold question:

i'm playing around with putting a 225 intake manifold in my car, motivated by eventual intercooler addition. i took a quick looksie last night, and saw the two vacuum hoses coming off our 180 manifolds, one passenger side (pressure) and another driver side, at the end of the plenum. i didnt take too detailed a look beyond that.

what did you do with these two hoses when you switch manifolds? extended the hoses and ran them across? i imagine the hoses insert in the same places relative to the manifold, so the entry positions are switched?

if possibly, could i see a picture of yours?

anything else (besides the manifold) I need to order from AoA for the swap?
Old 07-02-2002, 09:54 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default First off, you cant do one in preparation for the other, you must do both

at the same time, since your manifold will no longer be near your intercooler. the only reason I point this out is cuz you mention the *eventual intercooler upgrade*

Of the 2 lines you mention, I bought one of the factory 225 units as I thought it was the best solution.

The brake booster line that exits the brake booster and enters the back side of the plenum on the drivers side. This piece has a factory fitting that would be hard to duplicate and it only cost like $50 for it.

The other line that enters the manifold on the passenger side near the throttle body, I simply bought some 8mm vacuum line to extend that line over to the other side.

You will also need to buy some smaller vac line in the same size as the braided line you see running around the engine bay. There are some lines underneath the manifold that aren't really visible. It is available at the dealer or you could use cheaper stuff, FYI the braided line at the dealer is not cheap.

Parts needed for the install:
-225 Manifold
-Throttle Body Gasket
-Intake Manifold Gasket
-8 MM vacuum line (about 6ft)
-Braided vacuum line (2ft)

I can take some pics later tonight if you like and maybe even get you some part #'s if you need them.
Old 07-02-2002, 10:33 AM

Default thanks sean. part numbers would be great.

i know i gotta do both at once. i'm "preparing" in terms of IC size, and starting to plan where and how my piping will look. the manifold will take a week or two to arrive, i imagine, so im ordering it now.
Old 07-02-2002, 10:38 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default my manifold came in 2 days......from the dealer. $210 for the Manifold

with a 20% discount.

You interested in my intercooler? =D
Old 07-02-2002, 10:45 AM

you've got email