TT (Mk1) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk1 Audi TT Coupe & Roadster produced from 2000-2006

Seat Cover Wars Round 2! Ding Ding - the battle continues

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2002, 01:06 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Seat Cover Wars Round 2! Ding Ding - the battle continues

As most of you know - my dealer replaced my drivers side seat cover and the color didn't match the existing passenger seat - it was significantly lighter. After calling in the OTS to look at the difference - the OTS made the call that it was different because I had treated the leather and would not authorize the replacement of the passenger seat leather to match the new drivers seat. AoA client relations has accepted the OTS's call as fact and will not pursue the case any further. AoA also said that treating the leather isn't required but merely recommended. I checked the manual and it clearly states that I should treat the leather every two years!

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Last night I treated a portion of the NEW seat cover leather with Connelly's (the ONLY thing I've put on my seat leather since owning the car) and went to the dealer today. I met my service writer (who's actually gone to great legnth to try and get this issue resolved) and asked him to tell me which portion of the seat leather I treated. Of course - he couldn't tell because IT DIDN'T AFFECT THE COLOR AT ALL! I then proceeded to whip out the Connelly's and apply it to the same place I treated and of course the same result - the leather stayed the same color. I even did the same thing to the passenger seat and surprise surprise - color didn't change.

So to make a long story short - he was going to discuss this with the service manager and call the rep and let them know that he observed me applying the leather treatment (my Connelly's jar still has the dealers price tag with their name on it on the jar) and that it didn't affect the color at all and see if he can get the passenger seat cover replaced as well. I'm waiting to hear the verdict. Let's hope AoA pulls their head out of their A$$ on this one and goes forward with the dealers recommendation.
Old 03-14-2002, 01:07 PM

Default Good for you!

Meanwhile mines still in the shop.

Driving a Chevy Cavilere sure makes you appreciate the TT.
Old 03-14-2002, 01:21 PM
Elder Member

Good luck with it Joe. Don't forget to post the black and gray seats side by side!
Old 03-14-2002, 01:42 PM

lol...unbelievable...good luck Joe...this is just total BS
Old 03-14-2002, 01:45 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default Could be worse. It could be the worst car known to man...

The Chrysler Seabring
Old 03-14-2002, 02:44 PM

Default I am getting my seat replaced on monday and hope the color matches

I will demand to see the new cover first. I cannot believe how bad Audi is handling your situation. BTW - who is OTS??
Old 03-14-2002, 02:59 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default OTS is the regional rep - he's now called a FOM or something

I think SOB is a better acronym myself

They are consulted for all paint, glass or interior issues and other major issues.