TT (Mk1) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk1 Audi TT Coupe & Roadster produced from 2000-2006

Seattle Area Owners: Please rate your Seattle Area Dealer/Service Experiences on a Scale of 1-10.

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2000, 09:01 AM
mm
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Seattle Area Owners: Please rate your Seattle Area Dealer/Service Experiences on a Scale of 1-10.

I'll be ordering my Audi soon and am trying to better understand the pros and cons between Barrier and University in the Seattle area.

University seems to offer the better sales deals, but their service department has not had a good reputation in the past, although it may have improved recently.

Barrier is more "high-end" and sells cars at more of a premium, but perhaps their service is a little better and more consistent, or perhaps not.

I'd appreciate any feedback or owner experiences regarding these two dealers. Also how would you rate them 1-10 overall with regard to:

Sales Negotiations and Sale Price
Sales Department Customer Service and Satisfaction
Service Quality/Reliability/Attention to Detail
Service Department Customer Service and Satisfaction
Service Department Willingness to Service Cars Purchased Elsewhere

Thanks in advance.
Old 08-15-2000, 10:43 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Barrier Motors

For your deciding info....

Sales Negotiations and Sale Price
MSRP, nothing more

Sales Department Customer Service and Satisfaction
Very nice and extremely friendly

Service Quality/Reliability/Attention to Detail
No scratches or dings and I'm nit picky.

Service Department Customer Service and Satisfaction
Pretty good, they remember names, they could hire more people, they are much too overworked.

Service Department Willingness to Service Cars Purchased Elsewhere
They love servicing cars from other places. Its how they make their money. I want to add that Barrier's time on servicing cars is close to 3 weeks in advance. But they recently have started a night shift so in the middle of the night(before 2AM) you can show up there and talk to Jeff.<p>JasonC
89 200
00 TTq
Redmond, WA
Old 08-15-2000, 05:25 PM

Default I bought my car in Spokane, service it in Tacoma, if that gives you any indication...

Chris Scott at Appleway (Spokane), is the most professional, customer-service oriented salesman I've experienced in a long time. Excellent follow-through. A big suprise, given he's so young. You may pay a little more, but tax is less.

Mitch Noyes (Bellingham) is also great.

Casey (University) Has a personal interest in Audis, owns 3, knows the history, cares. Will do what he can to help you, very good.<p>Sean

2000 TTQ 180
Lake Silver/Ebony
Old 08-15-2000, 07:11 PM

Default Joined wait list at Barrier in April...

Got in touch with Barrier over the web via email in April. Will do MSRP deals and reputation I have been told is they respect the queue order and do not allow people to budge. Worked with Admiral over there and joined after test drive of TTCQ 225.

Not necessarily the most proactive about keeping me in the loop on where I stand on the wait list (I figure I am due to order in October).

The deal for me was MSRP with $1k to join wait list, 10% of purchase price due when car is ordered from factory and rest on delivery.

Their allocation I was told in June is 5 TT order's per month right now.

Hope that helps.