TT (Mk1) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk1 Audi TT Coupe & Roadster produced from 2000-2006

Service Manager said Audi has almost completed the fix for the Lock/Light problem.

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2001, 07:44 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Service Manager said Audi has almost completed the fix for the Lock/Light problem.

The service manager told me that Audi has redesigned the central locking system module. This is supposed to fix the lock/light problem (the repeatable one that stops the interior lights from working and the locks from unlocking).

When it comes in he's going to put it in.

We'll see if they are successful in fixing the other light/lock problem (the intermittent one). I'm not holding my breath even though they read the codes on the computer while the problem was occuring...

I'll keep you posted!

Hopefully they'll turn the car around in less than 72 hours for the exhaust. :-|
Old 01-30-2001, 07:52 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My lock module gets replaced with the new one this thursday... will report then!
Old 01-30-2001, 07:55 AM
Elder Member

Default Bill that is not the problem with the lock/lights not working!

The problem is a bad ground! Have your mechanic call either the Audi dealer in Jacksonville, Fl or have him call Wallingford Porsche+Audi in Wallingford, CT. Those are the two dealers that have been explaining this to dealers all across the country for almost a year now.

Ivan and I even had the Southeast Audi Rep write this up and have it distributed to all of the dealers around the country. I guess most dealers just don't know how to read! lol
Old 01-30-2001, 08:08 AM

Default Yes LarryTT, I know all this...

I have a feeling they will switch out the part (and do something with the ground in the process). We'll see what happens with evan.

If this does NOT fix the problem, then I will drill home the fact that I brought up information from the board which they chose to ignore, and as a result have hurt customer satisfaction (as if they will care). The next time I come in with a self-diagnosis, I'll have a reason to get them to listen to me and maybe even do what I ask.

Since this lock/light problem isn't that big of a deal, I'm willing to let this drag out some more. It is the light/lock problem that concerns me more (the intermittent problem). I told them that this was fixable and they will be digging in. We'll see if they call any of the dealers that have fixed this one already.
Old 01-30-2001, 11:35 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default The whole point to remember is that the fix is VERY simple and takes almost no time...

Before I took delivery of my TT, I made them fix the lock/light problem on my car. They did that and installed the CD changer and had enough time to let The Bra Guy do his thing in a half day...

I suspect it actually takes less than an hour of real time to fix...
Old 01-30-2001, 12:44 PM

Default You obviously haven't been to my dealership. :-)

I just got the usual phone call. They were not able to finish an exhaust installation in one day. They are keeping my car until tomorrow.

They told me that they will be doing the lock/light when the part comes in, so I assume this means that they didn't do any diag on the problem at all (they did it at a prior visit earlier in the month).
Old 01-31-2001, 12:50 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default You're right about your dealer...

They <b>don't have to do any flipping diag!!!</b>

There is a fix on the Audi Techline - all they have to do is mention "TT, locks, lights" to the friendly person on the other end and they'll get instructions on fixing the problem FAXed to them. No pain, <b>one stupid little phone call to Audi</b>.

I'd raise Hell with the service manager and/or dealership owner over this B.S. or just threaten to lemon law the thing over it...
Old 01-31-2001, 04:28 AM

Default :-)

I've completely lowered my standards for Audi service at this point.

But at least I got a GMC Van for a loaner! Wow! I'm three times higher off the ground in this thing! I can look DOWN on SUVs...literally!!