TT (Mk1) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk1 Audi TT Coupe & Roadster produced from 2000-2006

Silver TT Roadster (luggage rack on the back) in Orlando

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2005, 05:27 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Silver TT Roadster (luggage rack on the back) in Orlando

(rant) so I pull up to this guy, and hes all stuck up - ok, like a Porsche owner stuck up. I asked him if he was on any Audi Forums, (eg. Audi World) He was like ugh, why? And don't worry about it.

(flips middle finger up) you might as well be a middle aged woman, going into menopause. You my friend, should be driving a BUG, not a TT! (Any how) how is everyone doing?
Old 05-16-2005, 06:16 PM
Rest In Peace

Default Some do not "get it"...>>>

not all Porsche owners are stuck up...but i understand what you are saying.

If the TT is a car to you...then you do not get it..

For me, i wave to fellow TTer's and those that just give me a thumbs up. When someone approaches me about either car, i enjoy the moment, because they "get it"...its a car thing....as much as a TT thing....

Only thing is, if you find yourself thinking about your TT more than 2 hrs a day.....you not only get it...but you got it too! ;-)

TTFEVAR...Catch it!

That is all!
Old 05-16-2005, 06:21 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default I have problems :(

I think about my car like 8/10 hours a day. Mods/what it looks like, when it's coming out of the body shop! LOL ;o)

Plus how much more faithful she has to been to me VS any other woman I have met!

But yes, I have the fever! The guy that I tried talking to was a *****!

Oh well.. what can you do!
Old 05-16-2005, 06:45 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Don't worry about it. I have NEVER had anybody in anohter TT to acknowledge

my waves, light flashes--anything.

VW drivers however INITIATE communication with me all the time.

It's weird.
Old 05-16-2005, 06:48 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default I agree with that - it's nuts how people are :(

I mean I purchased the car to go out and hang out with other TT'ers. Have fun, get to know more people, and of course to enjoy the car!

(shrugs)

What do you do?
Old 05-16-2005, 06:59 PM
AudiWorld Uber User

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Yeah...The VW guys seem to get it.......>

Gotten more thumbs up from Jetta'a and GTI's than TT's actually...
Old 05-16-2005, 07:35 PM

Default when I'm in the porsche, I pull people over in thier TT's...>

to talk to them about thier TT's.
VW folks too.
porsche folks as well.
hell, most any car I think is cool.

some are very receptive, some are a$$holes, that's just how it is -- some are car people, some are not. saying porsche owners are stuck up is a bit of a broad statement as most TT people seem to snub me more often than not.

saying "like a Porsche owner stuck up" includes quite a few people around here, including the Grand Poobah Schwing, he's owned several.

there's the rest of the world and then there's us -- the gearheads, that's all.
Old 05-16-2005, 07:40 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Well I don't consider any one person in here Grand Poobah

as you say - any how. Didn't mean (all) so I should have corrected that - I meant all (as in the guilty parties.)

Here in Orlando however, it is about (all) p-car owners. Including several guys I know, if I didn't know them lol they would be that way towards me. TT owners here in Orlando are the same. I have met 2 that were a blast to hang out with and talk to, and know of about 20 that were just (eeeeeeek).

But to go back, NOT ALL p-car owners, tt owners, nor anyone else is like that.. That rant was just to the GUILTY!!!
Old 05-16-2005, 07:42 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default ah and one more thing

The people in this forum, you couldn't give up for ANY other forum, or any other people. People here are just too damn helpful, nice, and willing to do w/ever! I have not seen that anywhere else! Which is why, of course I have the car. People have always been kick a$$!
Old 05-16-2005, 08:10 PM

Default don't get me wrong, I'm not hatin' -- and realize schwings only one of many poobahs...>

around here, as there are many incredibly intelligent folks on this forum.

he just happens to stick out in my mind, mostly because of his six fingers and cheesy homemade parts, but also because, you know, he's one of the old-timer foundation types around here and I have personally talked with him about his porsches -- but your right, there is no grand poobah, point taken.

I saved money in a special savings account for over five years to buy my 911, it means a lot to me. because of the financial responsibility of the porsche, I then had to choose only one other car to be my everyday everything. I decided the TT was the only other car that delivered everything desirable.

I've never been involved with a forum as good as this one, from quality of technical knowledge to quality of people. that is all.

Quick Reply: Silver TT Roadster (luggage rack on the back) in Orlando