TT (Mk1) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk1 Audi TT Coupe & Roadster produced from 2000-2006

So here's my Dilema.....Sorry if it's long.

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2006, 07:02 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I believe the word is receptive
Old 01-29-2006, 07:55 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yes , Yes it is.
Old 01-29-2006, 12:52 PM

Default Former Marine and also a former Z ownder - now tooling around in a TT

Dude!

I had the same experience as you - not looking for a TT, but found love again (like I was driving my old 240Z - my she rest in peace).

Even with German over-engineering and the odd quirks (reset locks using remote to open the fuel cover when it fails - learned here, applied in the field TODAY) - and the TT's serious understeering tendancy, it is better than a fish tailing Z.

I come from 240Z, 280ZX, and 300ZX - and this TT is hands down the best "driving" experience. That's a personal opinion - though I still have fond memories of my 240Z.

As for your mods, I don't have any opinion to offer. I'm keeping my wife's TT stock. My daughter has already asked for it (now 11).

My next car, a 225QC, will be my sandbox.

I've heard many say that once you go mod mad, it's hard to stop. I'm not mod addicted (yet).

BUT - my only opinion is that before you go whole hog with any more mods (you like rebuilding) - get a Bentley CD ($100), buy a cheap laptop ($300), go to Ross Tech and purchase a VAG-COM ($230).

Other's might tell you different. In my book - knowledge is power, and those three tools will give you a knowledge boost, not an immediate horsepower boost. That's my two cents at least.

Have a good ride, and see you in Montana on the American Autobahn! (did they change that law?)
Old 01-30-2006, 03:40 AM

Default Thanks for the advice

of course i already have a bentleys on the way but why do you reccomend the CD and not the book?

As far as Mod crazy.....i have owned many other cars like a 97 Eclipse GSX, 92 Eagle Talon TSI, 02 Civic,99 NSX , and now I still have the Civic ,The Z and now a TT. My Civic is pretty much done with and the Z is probably going to turn into a long project.

But it is so temtpting to buy a complete rebuilt engine from Z1 for 3k and i'll be driving her driving her again.

The TT is definately a fun car to drive. It handles pretty well and is a very smooth ride compared to my other cars. I figure 3-4k and i wont want to do anything else to it.

I am not worried about high HP numbers from the TT anyway. I just want to pep it up a bit to the limits of a few bolt ons and then that's it.

The Z on the other hand will be a Monster. I have an enormous and meticulate parts list and have companies already picked out. I think i'll get the TT done right when i get back in April and then start saving for the Z.

Whats in Montana?