TT (Mk1) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk1 Audi TT Coupe & Roadster produced from 2000-2006

So I'm driving home from the Malibu Canyon run this afternoon....

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2000, 06:42 PM
TP

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default So I'm driving home from the Malibu Canyon run this afternoon....

As I get just south of LAX, I spot an amulet TTQ Coupe just up ahead of me a bit (there were no amulet TTs at Malibu). I speed up and pull up along side of it. It appeared to be a brand new (no plates yet) car and was very shiny & spotless. The couple in the car seemed very friendly. They looked, waved, and smiled a few times. We drove with each other for a couple miles when I about had a heart attack when I looked in my rear view mirror and spotted a silver 180 TT Coupe. He saw us and quickly caught up to us. For a few miles, we made a Roadster sandwich - amulet TTQC in carpool lane, silver TTQR in #2 lane, and silver TTC in the #3 lane. It was quite a sight.

After a while, we were in line in the #2 lane taking turns leading and blocking. For those familiar with SoCal, we were together from just south of LAX to about the 55 freeway.

Just after the amulet Coupe took his exit, we were joined by a silver A4. We finally went our separate ways when we hit Lake Forest.

We were getting so many looks from other drivers & passengers. What a blast!!!
Old 10-07-2000, 07:07 PM

Default I saw a Boxster group on a run last Friday...

Does the Los Angeles group have a website? I pulled up next to one of the cars, (a long line of Boxsters on Sunset) and asked the driver and passenger if they were on a drive set up by their internet group. I think I really surprised them with that question, and they nodded! Any idea of who these folks might have been?
Old 10-07-2000, 07:20 PM
TP

Default Your best bet would be to email Robert directly or check the Boxster forum. Due to (more)

the sheer amount of Boxsters in SoCal, they have various chapters of the organization and can afford to have more group events.
Old 10-07-2000, 09:49 PM

Default thats weird, I dont think they were PPBB Boxster Boarders

Interesting,,,,is there a lost Internet Boxster tribe out there????
Old 10-08-2000, 12:16 PM

Default There were maybe 15 or so in a row

Driving on a weekday, so they'd either taken the day off, or something. Robert, what is the url of the Boxster boards?
Old 10-08-2000, 04:54 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default Re: There were maybe 15 or so in a row

<ul><li><a href="http://www.986board.com/board/986board.htm">http://www.986board.com/board/986board.htm</a</li></ul>
Old 10-08-2000, 08:28 PM

Default well they werent PPBB'ers

they might have been group from a local PCA region...during lunch at Neptunes net a new Boxster owner not in our group saw all of our cars and freaked. I gave him a map and told him to post on PPBB...never knew about ppbb