TT (Mk1) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk1 Audi TT Coupe & Roadster produced from 2000-2006

Some info on V-MAXX coilovers...

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2006, 04:28 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Some info on V-MAXX coilovers...

Apparently they are owned by B.V. Hiltrac, a Netherlands company. The website is linked below. One post said that they corroded less than the PSS9 Bilstein's... At least in his application on his Seat Cupra. Another post said that they are labeled Jamex... Any info on Jamex? I can't find anywhere that has long term reviews or where they don't seem to be a new application. Read forums for Seat, Skoda, BMW, Lexus, VW, and maybe a few others. I did find a VW/Audi forum with mention of them, but it is written in Norwegian, so I have no idea what is says. If anyone can translate, here is the post (http://www.vwaudi-club.no/forum/showthread.php?t=48090&page=12)

Here is a post from a Corrado forum:

START POST
V-Maxx is owned & made by B.V Hiltrac a large company from the Netherlands, who until now only produced suspension kits for other companies. B.V Hiltrac have only just started marketing these kits under their own brand (V-Maxx) although you will have seen their kits being branded under several names including Eibach, Weitec & FK Automotive. So far there seems to have been lots of positive feedback from different users of these kits all over the world, apparently they have learned a lot from producing kits for everybody else!
END POST

Here is a post from a Lexus forum:
"Yeah I heard pretty good review on these V-Maxx in the Europe Forum, I heard they feel really like Eibach, can barely tell the difference, well maybe the price!!!"

There was more positive posts on a GTI forum.

Here are a couple of negative posts on Audizine:

"Looks to me like twin tube, non-inverted, pretty cheap construction. I'd skip them personally, the build quality and valving on most of the cheaper coilovers is garbage. Pay a little extra and buy KWs or Bilsteins, especially on a $35k+ car."

and

"they're looking pretty flimsy compared to my H&R's"

Seems to have more coils that the KW's so possibly a less harsh ride? Also, from the application guide on their website, (if I'm reading it correctly) it appears that the non-Quattro models have adjustable rears and Quattro's are set at 30mm. Front's are adjustable between 20-55mm.

Overall, mostly positive reviews. I MAY give them a shot.<ul><li><a href="http://www.hiltrac.com/v-maxxwebsitegb.html">V-MAXX/Hiltrac</a></li></ul>
Old 12-31-2006, 04:52 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Good info, if I could afford them I would try them!
Old 12-31-2006, 05:00 AM
Former Vendor

Default Keep in mind..

Nearly 70-80% of the cost of a set of coilovers is in the shock. Springs are cheap to manufacturer and have little margins. So when someone offers an inexpensive coilover setup, they can only offer the price by cutting costs in the production of the shock. Either by lower quality components, or lower cost of labor, or both.

Shocks are the most important part to a suspension and not something I recommend people cut corners with.
Old 12-31-2006, 06:13 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Agreed! When I see two year warranty I walk away...

I learned the hardway with the first coilover kit I installed almost yen years ago on my MKIII Golf VR6. BTW, stay away from AVO kits as well. Just my 2 cents.
Old 12-31-2006, 06:14 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

IMO, next to tires they are the most important thing.
Old 12-31-2006, 07:44 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default corroded less???? Why settle for that....KW's will not corrode at all...or

you get a brand new set and is warrantied for the life of the coilovers.

These may be decent but at glace the quality doesn't look that great.

Wish there were more specs on it.
Old 12-31-2006, 06:02 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I agree.