TT (Mk1) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk1 Audi TT Coupe & Roadster produced from 2000-2006

Sorry...I deleted a few posts by accident....oops. (nt)

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-1999, 06:00 PM
Steve S.

Sorry...I deleted a few posts by accident....oops. (nt)
Old 09-16-1999, 06:20 PM
Larry

Now now Steve, do you just want to surround yourself with YES men? YES, YES,YES...... (nt)
Old 09-16-1999, 06:23 PM
Steve S.

Profanity will not be allowed on the site - be nice. (nt)
Old 09-16-1999, 06:25 PM
Larry

I guess them posting your picture is okay?? No, please be nice! (nt)
Old 09-16-1999, 08:55 PM
Norm

Default I guess that's your perrogative, but does it make it right??

Anytime someone doesn't agree with your opinions, are you suppose to censure them? Isn't that the reason why we have this board? To discuss the positives and the negatives of the TT.

I had been observing the posts and chuckled a couple of times. Seemed like a legitimate question to me. Which nobody had an answer for by the way.

I think we started the insulting, and he bit. We insulted him, his mom, and his cars. He fought back by doing the same. Which doesn't make him right(stooping to our level). And still nobody answered his question.

I'm seriously contemplating getting the TT, but his question gnaws at me. Everyone made comments about Benzes, BMWs, etc. But the fact of the matter, they're not rebadged lower end cars selling for 15K-20K more, not unlike Lexuses, Infinitis, and Acuras. Who can't deny that the Infiniti G20 is a rebadged Sentra selling for $10-$15K more?

Larry was wrong by the way, I was just reading the new issue of Car and Driver. The Audi TT shares it's suspension bits and pieces with the Golf. Even the AWD system is borrowed from the European version of the Golf!

Anyway Steve, if you don't agree with this post, you can delete it too. OOPS!
Old 09-16-1999, 09:15 PM
Steve S.

Default Profanity is what I was originally deleting....

And then I just got tired of the whole thread. I have no problem whatsoever with legitimate discussions of the merits of one car over another. It didn't help when people posted responsed though...that became a big waste of bandwidth. BTW, that is the most I have EVER deleted. I don't like deleting posts...but we have to maintain some type of order.

I can assure you that I think long and hard before deleting anything.

BTW, I personally like the boxster...look forward to seeing/experiencing the boxster S, the TTQ 225 bhp roadster. I personally do not fit in the TT coupe...I bump my head each time I get in. I have friends with M Coupes and M Roadsters....they are both nice cars. I personally like ALL germans cars (with a few rare exceptions that everyone would agree with). I have an Audi S4 on order.

ex-BMW owner
ex-VW owner
ex-Triumph owner
ex-MGB owner
ex-Jeep owner
ex-Ford owner
ex-Honda owner (ick!)
ex-Mitsubishi owner
current Audi owner

Steve S.
Old 09-16-1999, 09:30 PM
Norm

Default Re: Profanity is what I was originally deleting....

Thanks Steve,

Personally, I drive a Mercedes SLK230, I've been contemplating a TT, ever since a soccer mom totaled my brand new Jetta VR6.

It would've been nice to keep the posts as a reminder to everybody on how and how not to answer. I understand everyone felt insulted when someone questions your choice of cars. I go through "why don't you get a real Mercedes" stuff everyday. That's what the S-class in the garage is for I guess.

Thanks again.
Old 09-16-1999, 09:48 PM
Brad Willis

Default Hey Norm, don't give Steve a hard time. That garbage deserves to be deleted...

Steve took the time to manually delete over 40 garbage posts. We should thank him for taking the time to clean up that crap. I'm surprised that we pay so much aTTention to these trolls.
Old 09-17-1999, 03:37 AM
Denny

Larry's post was not a legitimate comparative question, it was a rhetorical pot shot. (nt)
Old 09-17-1999, 04:07 AM
PeterK

Default When someone posts such profanity pictures, I totally agree with the action taken .

Those who oppose the actions taken probably did not see the picture posted by these antagonists - this jerk posted a picture of a spread naked man's butt. It's unfortunate that it was able to be posted in the first place but the download to A4.org was easily traced to the sender's email address. Wait till your father gets home and finds out what you did.

Thanks you for cleaning it up Steve, even if by accident (oops!)

Quick Reply: Sorry...I deleted a few posts by accident....oops. (nt)