TT (Mk1) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk1 Audi TT Coupe & Roadster produced from 2000-2006

Sounds like the Presidential game is just about over.

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2000, 07:15 PM
Eighth Member of AudiWorld. God-like, glorious and all-knowing.

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Sounds like the Presidential game is just about over.
Old 12-04-2000, 07:21 PM
AudiWorld Uber User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey, how did that edit just occur?
Old 12-04-2000, 07:27 PM

Default Actually...

I figured out sometime ago how to access the forum via the Audiworld test software. I think I was the first Audiworld person to "crack the code" (bows). Thank you berry much!

I thought about keeping this to myself, so as to appear to have God-like powers. Then I sobered up and thought, Naaaaaa. So if you weren't aware, you might start viewing this forum through the following url, which will give you editing capabilities, and God-like powers as well. Here's the url, and you might want to save it to favorites:

https://www.audiworld.com/forum/m.new/tt/
Old 12-04-2000, 07:36 PM
AudiWorld Uber User

How's that working out for you? Being clever...
Old 12-04-2000, 07:38 PM

Some days are better than others.
Old 12-04-2000, 07:52 PM

Default Far from over .. Two weeks al gore finally realizes he lost.. but

After that the un-official manual recount continues and suprisingly they will show Al gore the winner and we the american people should believe it.. haha.. So then we again get to see al gore on TV (or one of his lawyers) saying the wrong person is in the White House b/c a recount of the X county shows Gore won... Al gore states again and again that he wants "everyones" vote to count, well then why not do a state wide recount?
Old 12-04-2000, 08:11 PM

Default Re: Far from over .. Two weeks al gore finally realizes he lost.. but

Since you asked, I really think Bush won the election as per our current electoral system. Still, I wouldn't mind seeing the electoral college abolished. After all, doesn't it seem that the person who receives the majority of the popular vote should be the victor?

I am a moderate Republican and truly started with an open mind. There are some issues, mostly social, where I identify more strongly with Gore. But neither candidate moved me all that much, and in the end, I felt that Bush better represented my interests.

I also feel that all of these jokes about Bush being a dummy appear to be pretty unfair, but I'm sure we'll get some comments about that too.

Best of luck to whichever candidate "wins". He's likely to face a recession, so the "winner" may ultimately (and probably unfairly) take the heat/blame for the almost inevitable economic slowdown that appears to be just around the corner.
Old 12-04-2000, 08:24 PM

Default Oh I hope not..

I think the market will pull it self together.. With the tax cuts from Bush I believe our country will be okay.. As for abolishing the electoral system, I would have agreered with you about 2 years ago but after taking a political science class in college I have changed my mine completely.. If we were to do such a thing it would without a doubt hurt the smaller states big time.. The fact of the matter is that Maryland, Rhode Island and the other small states wouldn't even hear about an election and the bigger states would get all the attention, now where is the fairness in that.. As of right now gore is up 250,000 votes which by my math translates to approximately 1/4 of a vote in each district, now imagine a manual recount all across the US.. LOL.. Yes, al gore has won the popular vote but Bush has won more states, but b/c the states that Bush has won count for very little he was trailing in electoral votes prior to winning Florida.. And yes the idiot jokes are uncalled for and immature but I guess this type of immaturity should be expected.. They obviously have nothing bad to say about Bush so they are going to resort to elementary school practices..
Old 12-04-2000, 08:33 PM

Default I was thinking about the economy more than the stock market per se...

Unquestionably, the economy has slowed dramatically. Hopefully, Al Greenspan et al can engineer a "soft landing" via rate cuts and such. If so, things might not be so painful, and cyclicals and financials should benefit.

However, if the slowdown is at all protracted, the victor of this election would likely share much of the blame, regardless of whether or not it is warranted. Whoever wins is undoubtedly hoping for a short, quick recession, followed by a rapid economic expansion that they can take credit for.
Old 12-04-2000, 08:51 PM

: ) Yippee!

Quick Reply: Sounds like the Presidential game is just about over.