TT (Mk1) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk1 Audi TT Coupe & Roadster produced from 2000-2006

Southeast DE UPDATES!!!!!! Schedule (LONG)

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2001, 04:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Southeast DE UPDATES!!!!!! Schedule (LONG)

OK, well today has been a very busy and EXCITING day for the Atlanta Boxster Club, Inc (ABC)! We have scheduled 2 NEW DE's for this year! That brings our yearly number to 3 so far. ALL will happen on WEEKENDS, and both of the new Dates will offer a lot of spots for Novice Drivers. There have been several posts on how New drivers can never get into a DE as they are not on the mailing list, there region will not allow Boxsters, they can not pass a Broomstick test and/or they are in the group that is limited by instructors. We will do everything we can to make sure we get a lot of BOXSTERS who have never done a DE before and that we have proper instructors to insure a SAFE event! That is one of the reasons we started the Club!

OK here are the Details of the ABC DE Schedule for 2001 so far (we need one t least one more DE for the year) and not to mention an AutoX or 2 J

1. March 3rd and 4th
Where: Talladega Gran Prix Raceway
How Many: 20 cars
EVENT FULL (8 Boxsters!) (6 Audi's)

2. May 19th and 20th
Where: Atlanta Motor Speedway (AMS) http://www.atlantamotorspeedway.com This is a 2.5-mile road track that includes 1 mile on the oval and a mile and a half on the infield road track (I think that is right)
Who: ABC discount to members, but open to ALL
Entry Forms sent out:
To ABC members on March 10th
To Non-members (posted on the Web page) March 17th
Cost:
ABC members $300.00
Non-members $350.00
With this DE we have access to the 50 pit garages with power and water for an additional cost (TBD)

3. September 1, 2 and 3 (3 day weekend)
Where: Carolina Motorsports Park (CMP) http://www.cmpracetrack.com
Who: BOXSTERS and ABC members ONLY (unless it dose not fill up by Aug 1) ANYONE CAN JOIN
Entry Forms Sent out:
To ABC Members July 7th
To Non-members July (Posted on web page) July 14th
Open to other car types August 1st (If Needed)
Cost:
ABC members $350.00 (ALL 3 DAYS)
Non-members $400.00 (ALL 3 DAYS)

Please remember that our goal is A LOT of SAFE track time. The cost is at a steady 300 or 350 per event, but you track time is double if not Triple what you get at a PCA DE (I am not slamming PCA I have done several PCA DE's). I have never had one where I have been on a track over and Hour a day; if it is there then I missed it. For the March 3rd and 4th DE the Drivers get 3 hours on the track EACH DAY! So the costs are a little more for double the track time, I like it like that.

Please post if you are going to try and come.

Thanks to everyone who has supported ABC and help me in the Process!

Stephen M. Huss
Atlanta Boxster Club, Inc (your DE source)
www.atlbxtrclb.com (Under Construction)<ul><li><a href="http://www.atlbxtrclb.com">ABC Web Page (Under Construction)</a></li></ul>