TT (Mk1) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk1 Audi TT Coupe & Roadster produced from 2000-2006

stealership discovered source of my engine knock (long)

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2002, 01:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default stealership discovered source of my engine knock (long)

I posted about an engine knock that started once it got cold here about 2 months ago. After the second trip to the dealer (because they couldn't find the source in a day's time), for my 20k service too, they announced to me at the end of the day that they still didn't know - but they didn't think it was coming from the engine. They thought it was coming from the dash LOL. I told them it was obviously from the motor because the sound occured faster or slower with the revs of the engine. This dealer is the closest to me (130 mile round trip) I work in the town where it is occasionally. Since I didn't buy my Audi there they said they couldn't give me a loaner car. "Can't you get a ride with a co-worker?" When I told them I needed my car then so I could get home they called me right back and offered me a Mercury to drive (because they had my car dismantled and wouldn't be able to get it together before closing). "Don't take it to Nebraska or anything" was the statement of the service dept. I'm sure I'd rather drive a Mercury SUV than my TTR! I got a call 2 days later that the exhaust manifold was defective and parts were on the way. I don't have it back yet so there will probably be a part II to this.
Old 12-09-2002, 06:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I once had a noise coming from the engine bay that a tech said was coming from the rear suspension..

he doesn't work for that dealership anymore.

(And, no, I didn't get him fired, but I can imagine based on what I mentioned he was not very good.)