TT (Mk1) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk1 Audi TT Coupe & Roadster produced from 2000-2006

Sunroof TT'ers.... where did you get it done? cost? leaks? lots of pics please

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2002, 11:21 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sunroof TT'ers.... where did you get it done? cost? leaks? lots of pics please

I will look though the archives also, but it would be nice to know what people are saying now about their sunroof.
Old 04-16-2002, 02:46 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default I've had mine for over a Year, I think it great. I live in Mass so it's been through....

The winter here, not much snow but plenty of freezing temps. I have not had any leaks I have forgotten to close it a couple of times and soaked my seats so I can empathize with the droptops who've been caught in the rain.The only complaint I have is that it whistles around 100 mph. If I pull on the latch to tighten the roof down it goes away. So I'm trying to find a way to adjust this tension. But that's the only complaint I have It's a great addition IMHO.

Someone has pictures of a complete install in a Fotki file, I just don't remember who. I had mine done here in MA at a Ziebart(coatings) Garage in Shrewsbury. Mine was the third TT he had worked on so he was familiar with the headliner insulation etc. He did a great job. There are no wrinkles, dimples or puckers anywhere inside or out. The roof itself cost $289.00, the install took six hours and cost $100.00. It has two opening positions one at about 2in the second about 4in. There are also three quick clips that release and allow the glass panel to lift right out completely. This is how I usually ride in the summer here, it provides great air circulation. However with the glass out the side windows have to opened some(couple of inches or one window all the way) to prevent buffeting this does not happen when the roof is in place and opened in either of two positions only when the glass is out completely.
I think Jenner had his done at this same dealer You might get his comments too.
Old 04-16-2002, 03:13 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default tom -- i've had mine for almost a year...installed at ziebart...

there's only one non-motorized sunroof that will fit...key is the ability of the installer (find one who his very experienced).

it is the best mod i've put on -- really opens up the interior...plus it's nice to pop the lid.

i'll show you in asheville...there are a few of us with pop tops!
Old 04-16-2002, 03:32 AM
AudiWorld Uber User

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Tom....Same roof here no probs.....Install pics at the link..>>

<ul><li><a href="http://public.fotki.com/ttschwing/sunroof/">TT Sunroof surgery</a></li></ul>
Old 04-16-2002, 03:50 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Same as the others, one winter, no leaks, one thing that I do not like is that

It is very easy to remove the sunroof from the outside, w/o having access to the interior. Of course once the sunroof is removed it is easy to also remove almost anything inside. This, for me, more of a problem since most of the time the pooch is riding shotgun and the interior alarm is disabled. Otherwise very happy with it. The particular roof that most of us have is manufactured by SFC. I just checked and their website is not functioning.
Old 04-16-2002, 06:56 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Anyone have a power sliding sunroof? I thought I saw one here, and am thinking about that.
Old 04-16-2002, 07:07 AM
AudiWorld Uber User

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Glen (venTTed) has one....do a search.
Old 04-16-2002, 07:15 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Found it, thanks.
Old 04-16-2002, 07:36 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Tom and SparTTan, 1.5 years later, still lovin' my sunroof...

If you want more info, e-mail offline for details.
Old 04-16-2002, 08:16 AM

Default Tom and Rich - I'm looking at getting one too. Maybe we can join efforts

and get a discount. Let me know if you do anything about it ok?

Quick Reply: Sunroof TT'ers.... where did you get it done? cost? leaks? lots of pics please