TT (Mk1) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk1 Audi TT Coupe & Roadster produced from 2000-2006

Suspension trouble fixed, and can't believe what the "good mechanics" found...

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2007, 09:28 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default hey now, lets not bash on shops... :-) Swabbie's did the alignment they are to blame.

In all fairness, without having any alignment tools at all Futrell got my specs very close to what they needed to be. I guess to each his own. I personally won't go anywhere else but futrell. Very freindly, They don't sell you parts you don't need and the work they have done for me has been great, and at a fair price.
Old 05-10-2007, 09:29 AM

Default Sorry for the alignment issues Sully...

We've worked with that Les Schwab for years and have only had one other problem. We can certainly request a refund for their alignment work. Please don't let this reflect too negatively on us, we don't re-check their work once its completed. Obviously its taken awhile to work loose, this was all completed back in Febuary. You can call me direct if you'd like, I'm the owner.

Dean
Old 05-10-2007, 09:30 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default have had the same type of problems since gettng KW V3's and Defcons at Chris Green shop in Florida

If any of you live in Florida, DON'T GO TO: Unforgettable sound & Performance. This is the most incompetant shop I have EVER come across!!
Old 05-10-2007, 09:51 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Hey, seriously, tell people if they ask but don't go around bashing on shops good or bad.

These are peoples lives here. I you had a bad experiance then let someone know that if they ask about that shop. I don't think it is fair to just go blurting out things about shops that you had only run in with. This info should be told to people who want to know, but still think about the people who have stepped up and opened these shops for you to use. These are people that love cars jst the same as you if not more. The intent of any shop is to have you leave pleased and wanting to go there and do business again. You may not like a shop that 10 other people do. I just don't think it is cool to go around hating on tuner shops. It is so hard for these shops to make it as it is. I am not trying to be mean, and I mean what I said with the most respect possible. I am sorry if I pissed anyone off by this post but I think we should give praise to these shops when they do something great for you and if someone is asking for an opinion about the shop then that is the time to tell of your experiance. Don't take this personal fkacct, your post was just the best place to put this thread.
Old 05-10-2007, 10:04 AM

Default Well, Schwab would not have touched the strut housing....

and just a compensation for the refund on alignment is a start, but when I had to take the time to get it right at the tune of $275 is quite an outlay, when this problem should never have arose. However, mistakes are made, but again, everything should have been tightened to "Audi Spec", which was not, and could have resulted in more damage other than to my bank account.

So, if Futrell is reading this, I absolutely needed to go to the extent to have all suspension checked on all pertinent points, because I knew without a doubt that something was amiss. My mechanic that did the work yesterday and is fully documented.

Not my intent to rag on a tuner shop at all, but this forum is quite helpful, and have gained much insight, and ultimately helped to resolve my current dilema.
Old 05-10-2007, 10:15 AM

Default We could have resolved this for zero dollars if you had simply called-

Our work as well as Les Schwabs is fully covered under warranty, the last thing we want is an unsatisfied customer, especially in this day and age with internet forums, etc. You should always show good faith and allow for correction. The first we heard of this issue was right here, and as you know (Your wheel lock issue) we'll always do what it takes to make a situation right with the customer, Scott you have a reasonable complaint here and I will make sure it's resolved to your satisfaction. Consider the proper avenue next time for addressing a complaint however.
Old 05-10-2007, 10:20 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default I have no reason to think otherwise, but I think if you owned a shop>>>>>>

and someone was out trying to tell everyone to not go there because they personally had a bad experiance once you would be a little pissed if you felt that that experiance was not what usually happens at your shop. As I said in the post before, it was not actually geared at that post just in general I think it is very uncool to go around telling everyone(people who are not even asking) to not go to certain places. I think the advertisers on AW would agree with me also. I think the time to say that is when someone asks for a good shop in South Florida. Then spill it, let them know what your personal opinion is. There is a shop out here that I would not send my worst enemy to but I am not about to go and bad mouth them unless someone wants the opinion. Sorry if I pissed you off. I really didn't mean to. Please don't be pissed at me it is just my opinion.
Old 05-10-2007, 10:29 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Good Point! I also agree with what you are saying!
Old 05-10-2007, 10:35 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default All the times I have been to futrell I have had nothing but good experiances....

Dean and the rest of the crew down there have worked hard to work with my bad schedule and anything else that came up. The work has been great, and the knowledge that they have is massive also. I know you don't mean to bash them, and I understand that you are frustrated with the ongoing suspension issues so that is why I just posted to remind you that people form opinions very easily. Don't worry, soon you can be free of that one and get a 225, and start fresh. Hurry up and post a picture of the one you are looking at too BTW!!!
Old 05-10-2007, 10:39 AM
AudiWorld Super User

hey, no problem, I am sure they will work something out with you. good luck

Quick Reply: Suspension trouble fixed, and can't believe what the "good mechanics" found...