TT (Mk1) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk1 Audi TT Coupe & Roadster produced from 2000-2006

Third cross-country trip in a year in my TTqR starts this Friday!

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2001, 06:50 PM
TP

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Third cross-country trip in a year in my TTqR starts this Friday!

Those who have been here for a while will remember my trials and tribulations of picking up my car from Holbert Audi near Philadelphia on June 2, 2000. From there, I drove to San Diego in just over two days(!). Since that time, I drove from San Diego to Quantico, Virginia this past February so I could attend a career-level school for the Marine Corps. Now this class is finally going to end on Friday and I will be driving back to California this weekend.

This trip will be a bit different than the others as I will have my wife with me this time. We're also going to do a little sightseeing as time allows. If all works out, we'll even get to see Jason in Utah as my wife's brother lives in Salt Lake City and we're going to spend a day or two with them.

The plan:

We're going to leave Quantico on Friday afternoon and make our way to Scranton, PA to spend a day with Kim's grandmother. From there, we'll make our way to Pittsburgh and I'll show Kim where I grew up (she's never been there). After that, the only other plans we have are seeing the St. Louis arch, her brother's family, and Jason in Utah. Oh, I can't forget Vegas. I have an attraction to the roulette tables.

So, fellow TTers, what do you recommend we see along the way? I suggested to my wife that we do the Clark Griswold route and see the house of mud, but she didn't go for it for some reason.

Once we get back to California, I have an appointment for my 20k/Haldex service at Hoehn Audi in Carlsbad. A few days later (wise timing, no?), I'll pay a visit to Neuspeed (thanks, Brad!) and to Performance Concepts where I'll get 18" Simas-X wheels, S-03 Pole Position tires, and H&R coilovers. YUM!

Look for us as we drive by your neighborhood.
Old 05-19-2001, 07:02 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Well, if you go through Colorado...

....You simply have to go through the Rocky Muontain National Park and drive through the trail that goes through the top of the mountains. Of course, this is assuming you have never seen the RMNP, because if you have, you would already know how great the place is.
Old 05-20-2001, 01:36 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default Re: Third cross-country trip in a year in my TTqR starts this Friday!

Well, if you are going to Scranton, you should pass by York Pa.
Plan a stop at the Harley Davidson factory for a great tour !
If that is of interest, drop me an email and perhaps we can meet !