TT (Mk1) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk1 Audi TT Coupe & Roadster produced from 2000-2006

Tired of waiting? You may have an alternative (long)...........

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-1999, 04:31 PM
SeanP

Default Tired of waiting? You may have an alternative (long)...........

Well, after putting a deposit down in Febuary at a local dealer in Houston for a silver TT, scheduled for late July delivery, I decided I couldn't wait (partly in thanks to this forum). So I went on a TT safari across the country (trying to stay within a two state radius). After many trials and tribulations (sold out dealers, dealers wanting 2 grand over msrp, too high shipping costs, etc), I found a dealership in Boulder, CO. They had a TT sitting at the Houston Port without a home. So, after talking with a salesperson there (Rod Mcna, who deserves special thanks), the Denim Blue TT now has a home. And what's even better, the TT they had initial told me might take up to 2 weeks to arrive, arrived late last night. Dealer prep today, paperwork monday, and the car should ship out to its final destination (in Houston of all places) on Tuesday. I'm ecstatic. So, my point is, if you do a little searching, and are willing to shell out a few dollars (in my case it was $500) for shipping (or make a mini-vacation out of it), then you can have a TT as early as all of the other lucky forum members. My recommendation......go to the Audi of America site and do a dealer search at random locations around your home (within a few state radius). Give them a call. Chances are, you'll find what you are looking for. Oh, and I want to throw in a plug for the kind folks at Stammler Imports in Boulder. They were very helpful, and considering the obvious "we got what you want" position they were in (me searching out of state for a car), no price other than msrp was ever discussed. So, I want to say thanks to them. And, happy driving :-)
Old 05-07-1999, 07:23 PM
jolie

Default Re: Tired of waiting? You may have an alternative (long)...........

I was told by my out of state dealer that shipping it to me could not be done. What is the Audi policy on that?
Old 05-08-1999, 06:28 AM
SeanP

Default Re: Tired of waiting? You may have an alternative (long)...........

Talk to another dealer. Every dealer I talked to said they could ship it directly to me if I pay the shipping cost (which varied with distance). The dealer may not be able ship it, but their are several different shipping companies that can. The dealer should have contacts.