TT (Mk1) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk1 Audi TT Coupe & Roadster produced from 2000-2006

Tough Electrical Question

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2009, 07:14 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tough Electrical Question

Ok... I've seen tons of talk about understanding the harnesses in the back of the stock Bose Concert Head Unit. Its been my dream to make my stock bose head unit display my sirius satelite radio and control it.

I was researching recently and found Sirius is releasing SiriusConnect units which are adapters for brand specific aftermarket radios.

I'm familiar with Pioneer's IP BUS so I've been doing research mainly on this type of connector, so if you have any other ideas, please join in...

My plan:

I have a 6 Disc changer that I would never use if I had satellite radio... so my goal is to control the satellite radio with the next arrows on the concert unit, the same way it controls the CD player. The biggest part I don't understand is how in the world I can get the display to read out a message. ANYONE have any insight? I know Sirius makes multiple connectors, so there has to be one out there that we can make work.

Please don't reply with discouragement. I know this is much more difficult than it has to be, but I'm in love with the stock look of an audi and don't want to mount a sirius receiver on my dash/window.

Thanks to anyone who replies

My Resources:

http://mk1tt.montebellopark.com/auxin1.html

http://stereophonik.com/gutterslide/IP-BUS_Hack/