TT (Mk1) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk1 Audi TT Coupe & Roadster produced from 2000-2006

TT´s prewired to add a CD-Changer?

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2008, 12:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TT´s prewired to add a CD-Changer?

Well I was told so,, but after following the wires for hours I have to tell that my TT is one of those without,,,, that says, if the wire are within "expected" distance from the location of the player on a TT-R!

Have I missed anything?

The panels are still loose, I hate to click them in place knowing Ive missed the harness!!

Anyone?

Best R Olle B
Old 05-31-2008, 01:12 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default TT's that I have owned (3)...

Have all had a built-in 6 CD changer in the quarter panel behind the driver's seat. I have only owned coupes so I don't know where it is in the TTR. Try the search feature or look in the Owner's Manual if you have one. If not I believe the Audi USA site may have a PDF of the Manual.
Old 05-31-2008, 05:06 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default i thought so, at least my '01 roadster came with one and have never heard>>

of anyone without a changer!
Old 06-01-2008, 10:17 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 41 Likes on 41 Posts
Default Should be there.

If the plug isn't in the cubby hole behind the drivers seat (roadster), then it is probably right behind the panel. You may be able to find it from up above in one of the two little covers behind, but to bolt it in you need to remove the hole large trim panel behind the drivers seat as well as the center panel. If going to all that work I highly recommend the phatnoise box. See discussion above. You can fit more than 10 times as many songs/albums as you can in the 6 disc changer and it was a Audi option so you still use the radio to change songs just as you would with the CD changer. You can find new and used ones on Ebay or on this list. Install is the same as for the changer. My changer was bad when I got my car and I almost made the mistake of getting another changer until I discovered the Phatnoise.