TT (Mk1) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk1 Audi TT Coupe & Roadster produced from 2000-2006

TT almost got hit last night coming home ...

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2000, 03:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Official Disclaimer: the views expressed by Hankk do not represent those of

other men also living in Long Beach, CA, Los Angeles County, the State of California, or the United States of America.
Old 07-25-2000, 06:05 PM

Default Let me tell you about the idiot man who almost ran me and my child over on our bicycles...

because he was talking on his cell phone and not paying attention to the stop sign he was supposed to be stopping for. I saw him and yelled to him to pay attention. Now I could say derogatory comments and make gross generalities about male drivers who talk on cell phones, but I'll refrain. Let me take you for a ride in my TT...you might have a different opinion of women drivers.
Old 07-26-2000, 03:26 AM

Thanks, Larry....excellent post!
Old 07-26-2000, 10:11 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Re: Let me tell you about the idiot man who almost ran me and my child over on our bicycles...

My opinion is based on my own experiences (TT, Prelude, Celica, 323). As is yours.

Also, I said I didn't think too highly of female drivers. Did I ever say, all female drivers are horrible - if I did, than that would constitute as a generalization. But, I didn't.

In regards to the female race car drivers, I made it a point to say it was "ironic" that the only female participants at Indy this year crashed each other out. The key word is ironic.

Did I ever say the men drivers are perfect and safe? No, I did not, but you automatically assumed I did.
Old 07-26-2000, 10:25 AM
Elder Member

Default The assumption was made by everyone on the forum . . .

The conclusion was an easy one to draw based on your comments that you made <b>"For the record, I don't think too highly of female drivers ... probably why the two female drivers (Fisher & St. James) at the Indy 500 this year crashed each other out!"</b>

Where in this quote of yours is the word ironic? See even you are not quoting yourself accurately!

I just re-read what your problem was with this female driver.

<b>"The left lane that I'm in slows down ... I check the right lane and its clear so I signal and make the lane change ... ALL of a sudden a white Nissan pulls out of the curb and nearly hits the passenger side of my AG! As I'm honking, I have two choices: a)slow down and get hit by the Nissan or B) gun it and out run the Nissan. I chose B and passed the Nissan."</b>

You were in a lane that was stopped, so you decided to change into the free lane, correct? When you did this you checked for cars and saw none. The Nissan at the curb pulled out at the same time you decided to change into the same lane she was pulling out into? Do i have your story right? If I do . . .you FU(KED up just as badly as she did! neither of you saw the other. Forget about the cell phone. It sounds like you checked for a second, saw it was clear and gunned it. When the Nissan pulled out in front of you, you didn't see her because you stopped looking once you saw it was clear, right? Of course you gunned the car to avoid getting hit, you were actualy in her way! It sure sounds like you screwed up just as badly as she did.

think about it!

Old 07-26-2000, 10:53 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Re: The assumption was made by everyone on the forum . . .

The use of "ironic" was used to reply to the post below.

"Most auto races do not have women participants and the male drivers seem to do an equally good."

Secondly, I and the Nissan did not enter the right lane at the same time. I clearly had entered into the lane before she did. The fact that she was on the cell phone not paying attention was the factor on why an accident ALMOST occurred. And no I did not "gun" it to make that lane change, if I did I would've have passed her, plus the signal light up ahead turned red. I made a safe lane change and clearly had the right away.

I almost get hit driving, and you say I f**ed up. Larry, you were not there, so that statement is completely unwarranted.