TT (Mk1) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk1 Audi TT Coupe & Roadster produced from 2000-2006

TT Carcover?

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-1999, 06:42 PM
Yon

Default TT Carcover?

I will hopefully be getting my TT very soon and I am interested in purchasing a car cover for it. My car will not be garage kept therefore I would need an all weather type cover. Does anyone have any recommendations? I heard Naoh is the best material? Is that true? Thanks.
Old 09-23-1999, 01:16 AM
Yosef

Default Re: TT Carcover?

I’ve purchased a Noah cover from www.covercraft.com. Unfortunately, I can’t compare it with any other material, so I don’t know whether it better than others or not.
The material looks strong and soft. I use it every day.
The ad says that since the fabric is breathable, the cover will not “parachute” during installation or removal. I can’t confirm it. With the strong wind it is quite a pain to install the cover.
In my area the humidity is very high. If I leave the covered car for a night, I find water absorbed on both sides of the cover (inner and outer). But on the sun it becomes dry very quickly.
I’ve experienced only one very mild rain, and the cover didn’t look too water-resistant.
Old 09-23-1999, 02:09 PM
Keith

Default Tyvek Plus the way to go, more....

we'll design and sell a full cover made from Tyvek plus. See the link below for the superior performance of this unique material. If you must leave your car outside this is the way to go. As far as installation in windy conditions goes our design will address this by having holes for the mirrors. This design works very well on another model we make. Don't confuse Tyvek with Tyvek plus. They are different materials. Tyvk Plus has a soft inner linning and is a heaver material.<ul><li><a href="http://www.dupont.com/Tyvek/covers/carcover.htm">Tyvek Plus info, see link for temp test data too</a></li></ul>