TT (Mk1) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk1 Audi TT Coupe & Roadster produced from 2000-2006

TT CD Changer

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2000, 01:11 PM
Ket (UK)

Default TT CD Changer

I stupidly bought my TT without the CD changer factory installed. I have bought the original changer from Audi with the bracket but I can't work out how to remove the side panel..HELP!
Old 01-19-2000, 01:21 PM
John P.

Default Here you go . . .

link below<ul><li><a href="http://tech.vw.com/audipdf/a919902.pdf">http://tech.vw.com/audipdf/a919902.pdf</a</li></ul>
Old 01-19-2000, 02:17 PM
Mia

Default Re: TT CD Changer

Quick! Before it's too late...return it! It sucks. My daughter's Fisher Price CD player is better than the Bose.
Old 01-19-2000, 02:32 PM
John P.

Default Mia, it's actually made by Panasonic. nt

nt
Old 01-19-2000, 04:59 PM
Janet

Default Mia, I personally think that the CD changer isn't too bad.....(more)

...and I don't know about you, but I think that playing a CD on the "Bose" system is far superior than the sound of the radio. There's a significant difference in sound quality between the two "modes".

I agree with those who think that the "Bose" system isn't worth what Audi are charging, but it's *also* just not worth having somebody mess with the interior of my TT...which someone else has just written here on the Forum as well.

With both the bass and treble set at +5, *most* of my CD's sound reasonably good...for a car stereo.

Janet
'00 180Q
Old 01-19-2000, 05:42 PM
Graham

Plus it doesnt skip like the one used to in my A4, in fact it hasnt skipped yet!!
Old 01-19-2000, 06:07 PM
Janet

Good point, Graham....mine hasn't skipped once yet, even on rough roads!
Old 01-19-2000, 11:06 PM
faston

Mia: How old is she and does she ride in the back? (daughter, not CD player&lt;g&gt
Old 01-20-2000, 05:57 AM
BrenTT

Default The CD changer has nothing to do with the controversial sound of the Bose system.

As John P. mentioned, the CD changer is made by Panasonic. The Bose system mainly refers to the speakers and their acoustical adjustments.

-Brent
Old 01-20-2000, 07:45 AM
Janet

Default Signficant difference between the CD sound and the radio sound....(more)

As I wrote somewhere else here, John, I'm very surprised at the significant difference between the quality of the sound between the radio and the CD changer in my TT. The radio sound is quite muffled in comparison, and the CD player clearly has a wider frequency response. I even have to set the "Balance" differently for the radio than I do for the CD.

Anyone else noticing the same thing?

Janet
'00 180Q

Quick Reply: TT CD Changer