TT (Mk1) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk1 Audi TT Coupe & Roadster produced from 2000-2006

TT colors

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-1999, 11:30 AM
edwww

Default TT colors

I am still deciding on a color and would appreciate more photos of TT's in black and blue since I had initially chosen silver, but am starting to lean towards darker colors. The orange on a color option site did look pretty cool, though. So, please post more pics. And thanks for all the previous info about the TT.<br>Ed.
Old 07-04-1999, 02:21 PM
Roon

Default Re: TT interior colors

I flipped from black to blue and back again many times B4 I placed my order, went with the blue as black will show up every mark and this car is to be a daily "do everything" driver. Unfortunately, due to very limited #s of vehicles in Australia I have not been able to see the blue interior. I would appreciate heaps of blue interior shots to compare to the black and silver interiors I've seen.
Old 07-04-1999, 02:24 PM
Michael

Default Re: TT colors

Hi, I have a black one and canīt recommend it. OK, it looks kinda cool in the bright daylight, but all in all it "hides" too much of the impressive exterior, the TT just looks like one big dot. Second thing is that the paint gets scratchy very easily resp. the scratches can be seen more easily than with the other colors.<p>Blue looks great on the street, better than on any picture. Especially with blue interior. Itīs the most "exclusive" color as itīs ordered less than the other ones.<p>Personally, Iīm going for a silver 225TT, which I will pick up next week.<p>Bye, Michael
Old 07-04-1999, 07:24 PM
SAF

Go Blue! (OK, I'm biased) IMO, the blue has the most depth, shows the cars lines better, and varies more in different light situations. I got it with the gray interior (dash and tops of door interiors stay black), and it is beautiful. People get as excited seeing the interior, as they were looking at the exterior.
Old 07-05-1999, 01:22 AM
Roon

Thanks for the feedback on black, confirmed what I had thought, great when brand new, unmarked, polished, inside a showroom, never driven in the rain, not left parked in the sun, no bird ****.....But hey, doesn't black look stealth!! I will leave my blue order standing (still wavering on the interior) Aren't we a pathetic lot. Choice of only 3 colours, how hard can it be??? Thanks Janet for the photos.
Old 07-05-1999, 07:13 AM
Jim

Actually, after looking at all three options extensively, I chose to order the silver for my upcoming Quattro. I think that, all in all, it best enhances the lines and details of the car, and four friends that viewed the cars with me all agreed. On top of that, Freeman Thomas personally advocated the silver paint as ideal. Fortunately, I live right near Audi headquarters in Michigan, so we were able to do direct comparisons with all colors in the parking lot.. I agree about the black, details simply get lost The yellow will also be an interesting option when it becomes available. Just my thoughts.<p><br>Jim
Old 07-05-1999, 04:00 PM
Jim Schiffman

I have a silver TT. My wife and I love the color. It stands out over the black or blue colors. You see every deatil.<p>Jim
Old 07-05-1999, 04:55 PM
Koo

Anyone order a red, green or gray one? How come it seems as if everyone's deciding between the three original colors available? It's too bad they don't have yellow---yet. Koo
Old 07-06-1999, 07:43 AM
Ed

Default Re: TT interior colors

Check out the following link, select "TT Colors" and then "Actual Colors".<br>Move the mouse pointer over the color you would like to see, and the <br>photos on the top of the page will change to that color.<p>Ed<ul><li><a href="http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/Boulevard/8062">Audi TT Club Webpage</a></li></ul>