TT (Mk1) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk1 Audi TT Coupe & Roadster produced from 2000-2006

TT and Dogs

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-1999, 08:33 AM
David Lowe

Default TT and Dogs

I am about to take delivery of my TTQ (which I have been waiting for 8 months), and I am seeking advice from all you dog owners out their.

Do you have any advice to prepare the car so that a dog will do the least amount of damage possible, if at all.

I know there was talk about getting TT fitted rear seat covers, did anything come of it?

How do the leather seats stand up to the paw treatment?

Thanks,
david

Old 10-22-1999, 08:45 AM
Michael

Default Leather and paws

don't mix. There is a great sling, that attaches to the fron passanger seats and the rear of the back seats that not only covers the seats, floor and back of the front seats, but I understand that it is more comfortable for the dogs too.

Fortunately, our dogs are to big for the TT so my wife gets to cart them around when (if) I actually get mine.
Old 10-22-1999, 09:27 AM
Janet Lawrence

Default My Westie & my 180Q....

David,

My Westie went for his first ride in the back seat earlier this week. I bought a wooly sort of "throw" from one of the linen discount stores here in Houston and put it over the entire back seat, tucking it into the space between the seat bottom & back. He couldn't move around too much anyway, given how small a space he was confined into. The seats remained covered, and the only thing I had to do after the ride was to clean the inside of the little back windows where that nose of his had been REALLY busy! He seemed to thoroughly enjoy himself!

Janet
Old 10-22-1999, 12:43 PM
AkRascal

Default How to prepare TT for dog.

According to my dog, Higgens: he likes me to start the TT and warm it up about five minutes before I carry him out and put him in the passengers seat, on top of his sheep skin. He also likes to have the heated seat turned on to about the 4th click and likes a lil lite classical on the CD player. He is not much impressed by my braking hard into turns and for that matter rather likes straight line driving on smooth roads.

All according to Higgens... who, btw, is a 35 lb, 14 yr old Scotty/Poo.... with an attitude. He particularly enjoys the Audi ad with the fat dog hanging his head out of the A4 or S4 or whatever it is, he isn't very good at identifying specific models.
Old 10-22-1999, 02:10 PM
troy bush

Default Re: TT and Dogs

my 100lb. boxer loves the TT. i cover the back seats with a heavy wool blanket, and roll the windows down. he can stick his head out from the back seat...
just enough room for him to sit in the center and look out the front of windsheild. not too much room for him to run around.
i would definately cover the leather. no scratches yet, but it will happen for sure.
Old 10-23-1999, 12:14 AM
Skip

my siberian huskie looks at my TT from a distance and then I take him for a ride in my GEO Tracker..
Old 10-25-1999, 01:46 AM
Stefan Lundkvist

I fold the backseat forward, and cover the luggage compartment + rear seat backs with two blankets, one for protection and one for comfort. Any luggage is then strapped down behind him.

My German Pointer, Haddock, (which is kind of a silly name in English but suits him quite well) seems to be pretty pleased with this arrangement which also allows him to lie down and move around a bit. Of course this means that he has to be carried into the car since he enters through the hatch. I have yet to find a good harness that he can be strapped into for safety, but as soon as I find one i will post it here.

The arrangement have worked perfectly since june, no scratches and minimal fur-problems. Winter will be here soon...