TT (Mk1) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk1 Audi TT Coupe & Roadster produced from 2000-2006

TT on FK Streetline Coilovers

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2011, 02:05 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TT on FK Streetline Coilovers

Hello everyone, first let me tell you all a little about my car, @ 72xxx got a new Sachs clutch kit from www.pelicanparts.com this was after my salve cylinder leak. @74xxx got new timing belt kit from the guys at www.diselgeek.com @ 76xxx i changed the rear diff oil, haldex filter and fluid. @ 77xxx got new tires Hankook v12 evo( rele quite ride and they grip like no other, love them) all other basic maintenance has been done.

BEFORE FK:

@78xxx, yesterday id lower my TT with fk streetline coilovers, overall i got a good drop in the front with about 20 threats left, the back i am not so sure about.

Front:

the front was a pain we had to do a lil modifying to the spring compressor cause it was hit the inside top

the front passenger side was even worst, we had to hit it with two spring compressor,and still not enough, end up having to unbolt the bolt joint to get enough
room.

after couple hours of work it got done, fyi i am regular person with basic car knowledge.
after:

Rear: before

the rear was a lot easier and faster. jack up the rear took off the wheels, the inner panel out:

took the shock absorber out and the bottom bolt and had my dad step on the caliper, and just pull the spring out with my hands,

bottom sway bar link and shock

Old spring is out

New:

After:

the rear is all the way down as far as it goes,and i am not happy with it, did i do anything wrong, which i am sure i did, i am open to any suggestion and comments

Last edited by CU13ANO; 03-29-2011 at 06:56 PM.
Old 03-29-2011, 03:53 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default rear ride height

you can remove the white plastic disks (white arrow). You'll get about 1.5 times their thickness of additional drop.

In this pic the adjusters (red arrow) are in the max lift position. I'm sure you screwed them all the way up against the perch for max drop? If you're already there, you can remove one or both of the adjusting rings and run the spring against the perch *with no adjusting rings*

all of the above should get you a 1/2 inch plus
Attached Images  
Old 03-29-2011, 06:40 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default rear height

thanks for the tips Russ ill keep that in mind. It seems like its drop a little more compare to yesterday when i took those pics.can these be because the aggressive driving i put it thru today? ill post a pic to show u guys 2morow
Old 03-29-2011, 07:12 PM
AudiWorld Super User

aggressive driving is good!
some settling is normal with new suspension, up to 1/4 inch has been reported

it's good to wait and drive the car a few miles before aligning it for this reason
Old 03-30-2011, 04:19 AM
AudiWorld Member

CU13ANO looks real good I am getting ready to do this exact same Thing to my car. I agree with Russ It will drop after driving looks like you could use new wheels next Where did you get your suspension setup? Good Price?
Old 03-30-2011, 08:07 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

got it from www.ecstuning.com $572 shipped, i am gona take a picture in a bit, its drop like u guys say, and yes archiTT, new wheels will be great

Last edited by CU13ANO; 03-30-2011 at 08:09 AM.
Old 03-30-2011, 11:29 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

here's cople pictures two days after installation of new suspension

Old 04-01-2011, 06:01 AM
AudiWorld Member

I'd say it settled in quite nicely!
Old 06-11-2011, 08:31 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default Ride Quality?

I have been looking at that set up and was wondering how the ride is? For $570 it almost seems too good to be true. what are the + and - of them? Thanks!
Old 06-13-2011, 05:08 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by emtguy82
I have been looking at that set up and was wondering how the ride is? For $570 it almost seems too good to be true. what are the + and - of them? Thanks!
ride quality is great! feels very similar to the stock suspension, I've had them on for 3K mile already and no problem, complaint. if you go low enough like you should, you wilI need adjusttable control arms. I'd don't rele have any negative feedback on fk streetline. if you like your ride a little stiffer mount different springs, haven't had the chance to take autoX this summer, but I'd just finally got my adjustable control arms from bwsport. got the camber back in place replace front ball joints and tied rod ends , I'm going for an alignment next week. here's a recent pictures

I am looking for spacer, preferably 15mm so if anyone out there has theirs FS let me know

here a links off other tt owner running fk coils http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthread.php?5243677-TT-on-FK-Streetline-Coilovers

Quick Reply: TT on FK Streetline Coilovers