TT (Mk1) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk1 Audi TT Coupe & Roadster produced from 2000-2006

TT on FK Streetline Coilovers

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2012, 04:39 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i'm in the middle of installing these, one thing i noticed is that my tie rod seems a bit too long for the coilovers? i'll try to get a picture.

also, how many threads left did you have on the back? did you drop it all the way down?

how are they holding up right now?

hope you've subscribed to this so you can reply, or someone else has that knows
Old 01-18-2012, 02:49 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

will these coils fit on the tt quattro?
Old 01-18-2012, 11:23 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by queensbridgE
will these coils fit on the tt quattro?
sorry, but if you look at the pictures you'll notice that they were in fact installed on a quattro TT.

they are available for fwd tt's as well.

if you click open the link, or look for fk streetlines from ecs, it says for quattro.

take a second to do some research
Old 01-19-2012, 10:05 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by frostyflax17
i'm in the middle of installing these, one thing i noticed is that my tie rod seems a bit too long for the coilovers? i'll try to get a picture.

also, how many threads left did you have on the back? did you drop it all the way down?

how are they holding up right now?

hope you've subscribed to this so you can reply, or someone else has that knows
I don't have those but on every set of coilovers I have ever seen on a TT there is a huge mismatch between the range of adjustment front to rear. With the fronts typically set kind of in the middle (1 inch drop or so) the rears nearly always have to be all the way down.If you want to go low you have to remove the perch which defeats the purpose and adds a lot of noise.

The only problem I had with the tie rod was the bracket on the coils was thinner than the stock strut so I added a large washer either side. Use your jack to raise the hub until the bolts align.

Coilovers transform the TT, one of the best mods IMHO and makes life easier when you have to deal with other bearing/ CV issues.
Old 02-22-2012, 04:44 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

just curious, but for the adjustable control arms, did you install them top or bottom? i installed them on the bottom. I want to make sure when i take it to the shop to get it aligned that they'll be able to align the back properly. right now there's quite a bit of negative camber.
Old 02-23-2012, 09:40 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Lower arm is where you normally put the first set of adjustable. If the car is really low you will need two sets. 1.5 inch or so.
Old 02-23-2012, 12:19 PM
Audiworld Basic Sponsor

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

TT looks great! FK's are an awesome coilover for the price, throw some spacers on there to push your wheels flush with your fenders and call it a day!

Hit me up if you need help figuring out what size to run!

Jason
Old 02-24-2012, 08:57 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by AudiMick
Lower arm is where you normally put the first set of adjustable. If the car is really low you will need two sets. 1.5 inch or so.
ruh roh. i feel is if i may be lower then 1.5"

i left 20 threads in the front and dropped the rear all the way (with the locking collar, i did however remove the plastic white disc in the rear.

i'm definitely rubbing over bumps and hard turns, are you guys?

i'm also running spacers to make mine fit perfectly flush to the fender. i may need to just get a fender roller on it.

Old 11-18-2012, 05:17 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default I also have this setup..

I installed the FK streetlines on my TT last year along with Gruvenparts adjustable control arms. I got about a good 1.5 - 2" drop with the rear adjustments as low as they will allow. This past summer i wanted to go lower, so i removed both of the adjustabe perches from the back, and adjusted the front down with about 8 threads remaining. This dropped the car almost another .5 - 1". All in all i'm pretty happy with the stance. Here it is now with 15mm spacers in the front, and 17.5mm in the back(just ordered 25mm for the back) : )
Attached Images    
Old 11-19-2012, 02:28 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

can it corner at 30mph without rubbing?

Quick Reply: TT on FK Streetline Coilovers