TT (Mk1) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk1 Audi TT Coupe & Roadster produced from 2000-2006

TT Modifications

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2000, 01:49 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TT Modifications

I have seen some of the mail on the TT mods. Can anyone give me an opinion on the following:

1) If I do not have the mods done do we believe this will effect the resale value of the car ?

2) Calling my (UK) dealer he says I can choose not to have the spoiler. Again what does this mean to 1)

3) Does anyone know what % of TT are being modified. i.e. Are the majority being modified ?

4) How long can I leave it before Audi will refuse to do the mods.

5) Will ESP be a switchable option (on/off). I believe it is in the new TT's being produced.

6) Has anyone had the mods made and noticed any changes in the car, good or bad ?

In short I am sure if to have the mods made or not !
Old 06-24-2000, 03:43 AM

Default Re: TT Modifications

My TT 225 cv has the new modified suspension, but I am still waiting to be taken to Germany for ESP and spoiler.
I have only driven 300 kms with the new suspension, and I feel it has changed a lot. It is a different driving experience, but I am not sure if it is better than before. Now the car is better off at very high speed(+200 km/h), but I feel it is worse when driving on highway between 120-180 km/h (It does not go as straigth as before.Too sensible). On curved roads, it goes a little bit better and you can feel a harder suspension.
As I also changed tyres, I am not sure if they are well aligned (They damaged all four wheels when puting new tyres. Terrible!!. And Audi dealer said that the wheels were already damaged. I am intending to place a complant against my dealer. Be carefull where you take your car for modifications or other works.)
As I said before, I need more time to know if it is a new driving style, or just an alignment problem. But I was expecting a better improvement. Maybe, the original tt was not as bad as people said. After 13,000 kms at very very high speed, I was very pleased with my tt.It was only dangerous when changing gear at high speed (from 5th to 6th or viceversa) or braking above 200 km/h.(It was a little inestable)
With new suspension, I feel more secure. I do not feel so much inestability when driving above 200 km/h, but for the rest, it has lost some "magic".
Maybe the new improvements should be valued when spoiler and ESP are installed.
Old 06-24-2000, 09:58 AM

Default Re: TT Modifications

1) If I do not have the mods done do we believe this will effect the resale value of the car ?
NO NOTICEABLE RESIDUAL DIFFERNCES

2) Calling my (UK) dealer he says I can choose not to have the spoiler. Again what does this mean to 1)
YOU CAN HAVE THE SPOILER AT ANY TIME. SO IN MY CASE I'LL HAVE IT ADDED FREE BEFORE I TRADE IN. ON THE OTHER HAND I'LL PROBABLY JUST TRADE IT IN AND LET THE DEALER DECIDE...NOW WHERE IS THE TTS/STT!

3) Does anyone know what % of TT are being modified. i.e. Are the majority being modified ?
DO NOT KNOW

4) How long can I leave it before Audi will refuse to do the mods.
ESP IS THE ONLY KNOWN TIME LIMITED MODIFICATION> I BELIEVE CUT-OFF DATE IN UK IS END-AUG/SEPT

5) Will ESP be a switchable option (on/off). I believe it is in the new TT's being produced.
BY DEFAULT IT IS ON UNLESS YOU TURN IT OFF

6) Has anyone had the mods made and noticed any changes in the car, good or bad ?
I HAVE HAD THE ESP MOD ONLY SO FAR AND I HAVE NOT NOTICED A DIFFERENCE. I'M DELAYING THE SUSPENSION MODS UNTIL I HAVE DRIVEN A FULLY MODIFIED ONE. I WON'T BEING TAKING THE SPOILER DURING MY OWNERSHIP

PS QUALITY OF ESP WORK IS VERY GOOD - NO SQUEAKS/ RATTLES OR DAMAGE IN MY CASE. THE WAIT OF 5/6 WEEKS IS UNBEARABLE.
Old 06-24-2000, 10:51 AM
AudiWorld Uber User

Default The vast majority of TT's are being modified and...

... the main reason for our doing the modifications was a fear of possible litigation or denial of claim when dealing with a collision or insurance claim related to the car where it could be said that we did not do everything possible to prevent an unsafe condition prior to the collision/incident.

Cameron