TT (Mk1) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk1 Audi TT Coupe & Roadster produced from 2000-2006

TT OWNS Extreme condition's!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-1999, 06:24 AM
Dennis Jansson

Default TT OWNS Extreme condition's!!!

Hi!<p>As I live in Sweden, and we have the same extreme weather conditions many other northern countries and states have, I will post how the TT handles the different conditions.<p>Today we had a pretty rough rain here in Stockholm. Pretty much water in the roads and bad visability.<p>While the other cars where going in half the speed limit I was going a faster then the limit. My 180Q owned the wet roads, even though I tried over and over again to get a spinn on the wheels the car had better handeling then regulair cars have on dry surface.<p>Usually small cars have a problem with foggy windows on the inside, some can't even get rid of it with the ACC, but I had no fog in my TT.<p>My experience on rainy roads is that TT is the a very safe and a wonderfull car to drive on a rainy day. I thought it would be much worse as I've heard it is very sensitive to tracks in the road.<p>I'll get back to you in a couple of months when I get to drive it in the snow!!<p>- Dennis
Old 08-09-1999, 06:47 AM
Neil McL

Default Awesome handling !!

For the last few days the weather here in the UK has been terrible, with high winds and torrential rain and plenty of standing water on the roads. My 180Q has taken to this like a duck to water, no matter how much I pushed it (her?) to the limits. I felt totally safe and in control, you can definately feel the four-wheel drive taking control when necessary.<p>I switched the AC to econ, and the windows began to fog up but within seconds of switching to full AC they were cleared.