TT (Mk1) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk1 Audi TT Coupe & Roadster produced from 2000-2006

TT Public Awareness

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-1999, 12:00 PM
Jon Roberto

Default TT Public Awareness

I just put my deposit on a 180hp Quattro TT on Saturday and I am amazed on the amount of people who have no idea what car I am talking about. I guess since I have been waiting for this car to arrive for 3 years now, I just assume that others are aware of this great car too. I am # 2 at my dealership for a 180QTT but as soon as the general public see this beautiful car I am sure that the list will grow very fast. This is going to be a very long summer.
Old 03-03-1999, 05:37 PM
Brad Willis

Default Re: TT Public Awareness

You've hit the nail on the head! As I've been saying, public awareness is almost zero. That's about to change. Once it does, not only will you have a very hard time getting a car at sticker, but you might have a hard time getting one at all! Carpe diem (seize the day). That's why I got a NM TT. I called the moment that I saw it in the NM catalogue. There soon will be plenty of folks bitching on this very forum about extended waiting lists and "excessive" markups (aka market adjustments). If you want a TT, lock in your deal and put down a deposit. In most cases these deposits are refundable, so worst case you back out and get your money back.
Old 03-03-1999, 06:20 PM
Antonio

I dont' really think that the public awarness is zero right now ... its kind of popular already! I went to the Auto Show in Toronto, and there are many people crowded around the TT; I even saw some people putting down payments - in an auto show!
Old 03-03-1999, 06:37 PM
Brad Willis

Visibility is extremely low. The huge majority of Americans have never seen or heard of this car. When I describe it to friends and clients, almost no one is familiar with it. If you are an auto enthusiast, or an Audiphile then you are hip. Audi has a lot riding on the TT, especially here in the U.S.A. They now have a serious opportunity to be viewed as a first-tier automoblie manufacturer. It's been a long time coming since the "unintended accelleration" debacle of years past. I can't imagine that they won't promote the hell out of it. They would be foolish not to do so. You will see soon enough!