TT (Mk1) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk1 Audi TT Coupe & Roadster produced from 2000-2006

TT Roadster or S4

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2000, 03:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TT Roadster or S4

I just got back from my local Audi dealer. I went there to test drive the TT Roadster. They did not have any to drive so I ended up testing an S4. Very awesome. I love the way the TT looks but since I did not drive I am thinking of the S4. I figure that the choice comes down to
1. Does the TT R drive as nice as the S4?
2. Which will hold it value better?
3. How is everyday life in the TT? (I have a practical Honda CRV and an impractical tricked out 93 Wrangler).

Any opinions? TT or S4?<p>jgriff,atlanta
Old 04-28-2000, 03:58 PM

search the archives, this is discussed at least once a week. or just buy a TT already!
Old 04-28-2000, 05:27 PM

Default What geographical area of the country are you in? Take into a few consideration before buying it...

Will it fit your needs in the winter? I use my TT as an everyday commuter car and its great on gas, great acceleration, not to mention the attention it gets. I had that same decision to make. I love the TT it is a stress-reliever if you know what I mean. It makes you want to get out and just go for a drive. Every Sunday I go for about a 100-mile drive just because I love being in my TT. I will probably be ordering a Roadster here in the next month and I decided to order it over the S4. I have driven both, and even though the S4 seems more powerful the TT fun factor just can't be beat. I will probably drive a Ranger in the winter, because I live in Michigan and the roads are the best around here in the winter. Good luck on your decision, any questions feel free to drop me an e-mail or post some more and I will try to help.

Regards,
Mike
00 TTQ Lake Silver/Ebony
Sport Package
01 TT Roadster on order in 1 month
Old 04-29-2000, 02:32 AM

Default Re: TT Roadster or S4

S4 drives differently. Much quicker. Much quieter.
Right now, the TT's appear to be holding their value considerably better than the S4. This is reflected in the lease payment vs MSRPs of the two cars.
While we have a 225TTQ and love it. For all out performance, its tough to beat the S4 unless you want to part with $30k more and try to snag an M5. The TTQ Roadster/S4 combo would be great!
Old 04-29-2000, 06:31 AM
ACC

Default I am in the same situation, almost caved on an S4 last week

I have been on the list for a 225 coupe for about 6 months. My dealer has gotten 8 roadsters (his full allocation for the year!) but none of his coupe allocation (25 for the year) so the coupe list hasn't moved at all. There are a lot of S4's available and I found out about a blue one in Houston last week but it was sold by the weekend. The only other colors were yellow, black, red and silver. If the blue S4 had been there I would have given up on the TT, as it is I am going to wait to order a denim blue coupe. I just hope a blue S4 doesn't show up to make the decision harder.