TT (Mk1) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk1 Audi TT Coupe & Roadster produced from 2000-2006

TT Subwoofer options (long)

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-1999, 04:35 PM
Ryan E.

Default TT Subwoofer options (long)

I just had a few thoughts on ways to add a subwoofer to the current Bose system. This is just a suggestion, as I have not been able to look at the back-side of the head unit or the amp. Please provide some feedback, especially if anyone has pulled out the head unit to see what connections exists in the back. <p>I have 2 ideas that revolve around adding a sub at the speaker line level. <p>If the existing deck uses pre-amp outs to send signals to the amp, the unused speaker lines could be run to a sub (like a Bazooka Bass Tube w/ built in amplification) at the speaker line level. I know that most deck have both speaker outputs and RCA pre-amp outs, but I am not sure about the Audi head units.<p>The other option is to disconnect the center channel (ouch!!) and run that line to a sub. This second option will only work if the signal has not been crossed over to remove the low frequecies. Does the center channel add much? <p>I haven't had much exposure to the Bose stereo quality, as I have only test driven the car once. My 180Q is on order until November, at which time I will investigate this further. I would love to hear others' ideas on this matter.<p>P.S.<br>Does the non-Bose system use an amp?<br>Do stereo upgrades void the warranty in any way?