TT (Mk1) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk1 Audi TT Coupe & Roadster produced from 2000-2006

TT Trouble spots (longish)

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2000, 02:36 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TT Trouble spots (longish)

First, this is not a bitching post. I want to get that out up front cause I'm about to list the things that have gone wrong with my TT - but not to complain but to find out what's common and what's not. Just got back from my first "real" service and I've got a heap of parts on order.

My dad has a brand new 225TTR and for any common failure that I go thru before him, the better I can make him feel if/when he suffers the same..

Ok, first off the DV. Yeah, duh. I have a Bailey and he knows about that and will get one if/when his cars starts having the symptoms.

Snapped camshaft - I hope I'm the only unlucky one.

Failed pass side window motor (on reorder so the pinch protection doesn't get triggered everytime you try to put the window up).

Heated seat switches on order, also temp sensors in case that's the real problem (hmm, I feel confident now!) so that the heated seats will heat on demand (vs whenever they feel like it).

Cluster needs replacing due to failed gas guage. They've got the part but I'm not having the car down 1/2 day for that then back in for the other parts.

Drivers side door panel was ordered due to defect in the pocket but it came w/o speaker cover and we learned today you can't reuse the original cover as it's melted (yes) into place on the cover.

Squeaky but other wise functioning rear wind deflector window.

Front plastic grill fell out and whole set was ordered (this is an old repair).

Squeeky pass seat when not occupied (or noise behind seat?)

Coupe owners have that privacy cover thing. Any other "common" things I should expect (sigh)?

I still really like the car and wouldn't give it up even with the above list. I got my gas tank filled for free today so they could prove the tank sensors were working - I'm trying to see the positive!

thanks
Old 10-10-2000, 02:47 PM
Elder Member

Default Squeaky pass. seat is because of metal and plastic rubbing together...

underneath. These are two pieces of the seat bottom. My favorite tech put the fuzzy side of velcro on the place where they meet, voila! no more squeak.
Old 10-10-2000, 02:56 PM

Default Wow..a lot of problems there Julie..not sure I'd have your patience. .. Had my 225TTR since June and

fingers crossed have not had one problem.. except maybe too many winding roads and not enough time..
Old 10-10-2000, 03:02 PM
AudiWorld Super User

I remember the camshaft; that's a lot of additional "stuff."
Old 10-10-2000, 03:06 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Cool, I'll see if I can find that location

though it's a small concern overall given the other things and the loud music in the car!
Old 10-10-2000, 03:09 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Yes, you're right

but it sure is fun and fast!
Old 10-10-2000, 04:24 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default sounds like a lemon to me (if only a slight one)...

sorry you've had all those problems -- makes the little things i have seem insignificant. :-(
Old 10-10-2000, 05:18 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default I'm trying to make some lemonaid! :)

My warranty was extended by AoA when the camshaft went south. Still, I'm hoping it settles down.. else I'll have a good excuse for the TTS when it arrives!
Old 10-10-2000, 05:32 PM

Default A couple in common...

Rear windscreen rattles behind passenger seat from wind turbulence (only happens when top is up). The rear windscreen no longer goes up or down at ANY time (stuck up).

Rattle behind the passenger seat. I know it isn't the seat because it occurs when in use and when the seat is empty (and when it is tipped forward). Can't seem to find the cause of rattle.

My windows acted up at one time but haven't repeated.
Old 10-10-2000, 05:36 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Stuck up doesn't sound too bad, for a window

Quick Reply: TT Trouble spots (longish)