TT (Mk1) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk1 Audi TT Coupe & Roadster produced from 2000-2006

TT Trouble spots (longish)

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2000, 05:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I said the same thing to AoA... that it was stuck up...not down.

I had a window go down on its own though as well. I'm not looking forward to when that one happens during a rainstorm.
Old 10-10-2000, 06:09 PM
Eighth Member of AudiWorld. God-like, glorious and all-knowing.

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default I have a love-hate relationship with the TT...

Most here know that I originally purchased a Neiman Marcus Edition TT coupe, which was returned to Audi pursuant to the CA Lemon Law. A number of problems have also occurred with my 225q roadster, though not quite to the extent as with the coupe.

Still, the same problems keep recurring over and over again. Some here state that all new cars have problems, and that this is essentially normal. I disagree, and I am disappointed that Audi seems to do little to resolve these problems.

The most common troubles include the infamous FWD tranny 2nd gear grind, electrical problems, faulty fuel gauge, door rattles in the same area, "morse code" whine in the CD player, faulty DV, etc.

Worse than the problems that occur is Audi's response to them. No one seems to know anything. Each customer service rep will act as if they have never heard of any of these problems, and often they try to blame things on the customer.

So while I love a lot of things about the TT, I can't help but feel that Audi is not holding up its end of the deal, and that both quality control and customer service/communications are lacking.

When I post something like this, usually I get flamed by an Audi apologist, but I really don't care. You see, I was perhaps the original apoloigist here on the TT forum, but personal experience has, regrettably, changed my view.

Let's hope that one day, someone from Audi with real power reads our posts, views these comments in the constructive light intended, and actually does something about it, rather than thinking that the author is a nuisance.
Old 10-10-2000, 06:20 PM

Default Squeeky pass seat when not occupied - headrest for me!

In my case it was the headrest. When the headrest was raised, it sqeeked/rattled when no passenger. When the headrest was lowered to contact the seat, noise went away.

Only other similar issue is the DV...
Old 10-10-2000, 07:12 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 49 Likes on 35 Posts
Default Squeeky Seats

I've found that if the passenger seat is empty and all the way back, the back sometimes rubs against the seat causing the squeeks...

haven't looked into it much, radio drowns it out 8-)
Old 10-11-2000, 08:21 AM

Default squeaky seat...not really a squeak though

I have the squeaky seat thing, but it's the drivers seat. Whenever you push down on the seat nearest the backrest it makes a really loud and annoying "thong" sound. It happens constantly when you go over any kind of bump in the road. It's loud enough that you can still hear it with the stereo on. I traced it down to a specific spring that resides at the far right-rear part of the seat, but the spring is not loose. I'm going to have the dealer look at it when I bring it in for the 20K service (soon). The sound developed suddenly a couple of weeks ago. ?????
Old 10-11-2000, 10:57 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Well said.