TT (Mk1) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk1 Audi TT Coupe & Roadster produced from 2000-2006

ttdude's stupid Friday poll #27: buh bye

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2002, 09:14 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ttdude's stupid Friday poll #27: buh bye

Sometimes you've got to just get away. And I don't mean when the police are chasing you (although that's a different example).

No, sometimes we have the frustration build up, and time and money coincide, such that a vacation happens.

What's the best vacation you've ever taken and what made it so?

Feel free to define vacation however you like - road trip, honeymoon, seriously great nap, that last bong hit...

Self-response: Costa Rica, about three years ago. I remember laying in a hammock in our little villa outside Quepos, reading Shakespeare and listening to the surf and the wildlife. I've never felt quite so relaxed... The sun rises, breakfast (amazing coffee!), a little beach time, a little hiking, a lingering lunch (amazing fruit!), some relaxing and reading while the rain starts, a beautiful dinner, and then exhausted (from what, I don't know) off to bed.

Last week's results: Apparently I should go off and roam around for a while before figuring out the grand plan. I pretty much agree. I'm going to aim toward moving to my ski house in Vermont until the spring, and then figure it out from there. I'll keep you posted.
Old 11-22-2002, 09:19 AM

Default hmm... my second trip to europe...

i was with my mom and her boyfriend and his kids (both in their late 20's -- the kids, not the boyfriend and my mom).

it was the last time i got to spend some really great QT with my mom, and it was an incredible trip... hours just spent wandering london and paris... stopping to eat at really killer restaurants or sometimes just for a jacket potato at small cafes.

the new places, the glorious artwork, and the great company made it absolutely unforgettable.
Old 11-22-2002, 09:21 AM
Elder Member

Default "jacket potatoes" - heh, heh - ahhh the good ol' days!

My parents had a place in London, when I was growing up - the ethnic foods are better there than anywhere else in the world IMO.
Old 11-22-2002, 09:23 AM
Elder Member

Default Cairns, Australia. It was kinda of like Malibu in the 1950's

very sleepy, one lane road, little cabanas and bungalows, no buildings over a story.
Old 11-22-2002, 09:28 AM
Elder Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default BVI. Former BF and I have birthday within two days of each other.

We decided that we had been the anchor of our families long enough and that our kids were all old enough to get through Thanksgiving without us, so we spent 10 days in the BVI just laughing, sailing, sunning, drinking pain killers, finding out of the way non-tourist bars, visiting galleries and almost every Pusser's in the Islands (3 in one day, LOL), snorkeling and other fun stuff....still the best vacation ever - neither one of wanted to come home.
Old 11-22-2002, 09:30 AM

Default 10 days in Maui with friends a few years ago. No real plans, relax, beach

cocktails, food, repeat. Friends made it a great trip. Only bad part was the road to Hana.
Old 11-22-2002, 09:32 AM

Bali (honeymoon) 1st class all the way - surreal!
Old 11-22-2002, 09:33 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Mrs Rascal, the kids and I visited Munich with my parents who were born there. Special time indeed.
Old 11-22-2002, 09:36 AM

Default Senior Year in College... La Parguera, Puerto Rico

I went down for a marine biology abroad. We spent three weeks down there in the water. It was a great change of pace from school and work. Not to mention that was the best tan I've ever had. :-)
Old 11-22-2002, 09:39 AM

Bracketfest

Quick Reply: ttdude's stupid Friday poll #27: buh bye